When Did I Start Acting Like An Ass?

Chapter Eighteen:
When Did I Start Acting Like An Ass?

The next morning, I woke up on the floor, while Nat was laying comfortably on my bed. Groaning, I stretched my back and threw a pillow on her head. I threw another pillow because I was mad that she hogged my entire bed. She must've pushed me off. What a bitch.

Natasha whined.

"Quit it!" She hissed, and hugging my stuffed panda closer.

"Bitch, wake up." I grogily said, and went to grab my bathrobe and towel.

"I'm awake, leave me alone."

"By the time I finished showering, you better be up." I warned my best friend while entering my washroom. "I mean it Natasha! I'm not going to be late because of you."

"You're not my mom!"

"Same difference!" I yelled back, then shut the door.

I let the tap run, and stared at myself in the mirror. I knew that I didn't sleep well last night. I had one of those dreams again, the one where people were staring, and voices becoming louder and louder, to the point where I couldn't even hear my own scream. The feeling of drowning, except there was no water. There were people pulling me down instead.

Running my hand through my hair, I splashed cold water on my face, to at least wake myself up a little. Then, I took a shower.

I knew that I kissed Natasha last night, and I knew that I would never do that again. It was insane, and it was wrong. Why was it wrong? Because she's practically my sister, and it's gross. But my realization of not minding it with another girl shocked me.

It's terrifying to even think about it. I couldn't possibly be...- No. I'm over thinking this. I'm fine. I'm okay. I'm normal. Everything would be fine. But still, the nagging feeling in my brain remains. It's quite annoying. I chose to ignore it, knowing that it was probably the safest way to deal with it at the moment.

After my shower, I saw that Nat was still sleeping on my bed. Sighing, I went up to her in my bath robe, and nudged her head.

"Nat, go take a shower." I told her.

"Five more minutes." She grumbled.

"We don't have five minutes to spare." I replied. "Come on, get up. Use my washroom, and you can borrow my clothes."

I watched her slowly get up, her hands rubbing her eyes, then she stared at me.

"I had a dream that I was pregnant." She said, holding on to her stomach. "It was weird, 'cause I was walking around and rubbing my belly and telling everyone, hey look at me I'm pregnant. Then I was bouncing around, and letting my huge belly wiggle."

"What?" I said incredulously as I laugh a little.

Natasha sighed and kissed my cheek.

"I love you, Mave." She said. "You've always been there for me. Thanks for that."

I smiled, and passed her a towel.