Why Do You Want Me To Kiss You?

Chapter Seventeen:
Why Do You Want Me To Kiss You?

"Do you have anymore of these goldfishes?" Natasha asked me when I put on my pajamas. She's laying on my bed right now, eating my vanilla goldfish crackers, and drinking a tall can of iced green tea.

"Stop eating that crap."

"This crap is yours." Nat replied. She moved her body to reach her phone on the side table and increased the volume of the music that's been playing for quite some time now. "How was tryouts?" She asked, after I sat down beside her.

I sighed and pulled her head on my lap and I stared down at her.

"Are you okay?" I asked, poking her forehead. "I would love to talk about how tryouts went, but you came here for a reason."

"Yeah, but-" Nat started. She munched on a goldfish. "If I talk about myself, I'm afraid that I'll get depressed."

"So we're not going to talk about it then?" I asked, as I lay down too, Nat's head on my tummy now. "Boy troubles?"

"Yeah."

"By trouble that includes Thomas?" I asked carefully.

"Yeah." Nat replied again, still munching on the crackers.

"Boy troubles that includes Thomas, and his stupidity?"

"Yeah." Nat said. "His stupidity for breaking up with me."

I froze.

"So he broke up with me after school today." She explained. "Now, that wasn't pretty because it doesn't make sense. We were together for a reason, you know? I thought that we really connected. I guess it was there, but as soon as he said, 'Sorry Nat, this will not work out', I was confused. I felt like I was nothing."

"Oh come on," I said, and nudging her head on my tummy. "Don't say that."

"It's true." She said, her voice trembling. "It's so stupid. I'm so stupid. I feel pathetic. I guess karma's being a total bitch to me lately. I've been a bad person for quite some time."

"You're not a bad person." I tried telling her.

"Really, Mave? Really? Have you seen what I've done to Dennis? I cheated on him with Thomas!"

Now that shut me up.

"How low can I get?" She sobbed.

I felt so bad. I wanted to tell her that it was not her fault. I wanted to tell her badly that she was not a bad person. To me, I would think that Thomas and Dennis used Natasha to sort out their feelings for each other. It wasn't fair for Nat. It really wasn't.

Did they even care that Nat got hurt? Does that mean that they're a couple now? I need to talk to Dennis. I need to talk to Dennis and Thomas. I get that they're afraid of coming out, but lying was never right.

Lying to Nat, and playing with her wasn't right.

"This is not your fault." I tried to comfort my best friend.