That Was Really Rude

Chapter Five:
That Was Really Rude

        "Should I just break up with him?" Asked Natasha.

We're now in my house, in my room, on my bed, and watching Frozen on Netflix. Two bowls, and a tub of mint chocolate ice cream beside us, a bag of original Ms. Vickie's potato chips, and wearing comfy sweatpants (Nat borrowed some of mine). I was singing along to Do You Want to Build a Snowman song, when Natasha asked me again,

"Should I, Mave?"

I turned my head to give her a grimace, then took a spoonful of the green ice cream, shrugging my shoulders at her.

"Which one? Dennis or Thomas?" I asked innocently, chewing the chocolate chunks and wiggling my eyebrows.

Natasha didn't think I was funny. She just shook her head at me and give out an exasperated sigh.

"I really think I should be single for a while. I deserve some alone time." She said, clicking her spoon with mine as we both took some ice cream.

"That sounds great." I said nonchalantly, watching the TV screen.

"You think so?"

"Duh. All this drama is tiring." I told her, rolling my eyes and made a disgusted sound. "It's almost gross."

"It's gonna be heart breaking, but... I think it'll be fun." She said, nodding to herself, and grinning like she's thinking of something creepy.

I gave Nat an odd look.

"What do you mean fun...?" I asked, feeling suspicious.

"Parties." She replied happily.

"Oh no, woman." I said, snapping my fingers at her sassily. "Don't even involve me with this-"

"Geez, I'm just thinking out loud." Natasha cut me off, and scooping ice cream again. But I was still giving her a suspicious look, not getting over what she just said.

I have to focus on my studies. She knows that. Damn it, I don't have time for parties. I mean, I guess I could go to a couple, but that doesn't mean that I'll let myself get distracted. I don't party. I don't even know how.

After a while, it was just me and my thoughts on Natasha's decisions. And I rolled my eyes when I caught myself getting mad at her again, because it means that whatever she does now, I have to balance it out by my blunt reasoning.

"What do you think about what Dani said at lunch today?" I asked, suddenly remembering the attractive blondie.

"When she said that maybe Dennis and Thomas are gay?" Nat asked, frowning at the idea.

I nodded my head, curious at what she thinks.

"I mean, I'm not really sure if Dani is kidding, or not... But did you see how she mentioned it? She looked so certain." I told her.

"I don't really know..." Natasha said, frowning at the ice cream. "But if they are gay, I'd feel really stupid for not knowing... I dated both of them, for Christ's sakes!"

"Nat, what if they really are gay?" I asked, staring at her now. "What if they're just hiding it?"

"I don't know." She said. "I don't know what I would do. I don't think I want to know."

"Dennis would tell me... " I said. "Of course he'd tell me. I'm his best bud, aside from you, of course... But then, what if it's a secret, like Dani said."