Chapter 1- Hawaiian Goddess

Hey, so this is my first story so please go easy on me! Excuse the mistakes etc. Hope you like it, comments and concerns are appreciated. Thanks!

-G xx

Chapter One- Hawaiian Goddess

I was done, finally. I lay on my bed and looked around my new room, assessing the layout and color. The new house was ok: three floors, five bedrooms, four bathrooms, and standard kitchen. But for me the only thing I cared about was the location. It was on the beach, from my bedroom, which was pretty large and had an ensuite bathroom; I could see the sand stretch out in both directions and the gorgeous water expanding for miles. Another bonus would be the boardwalk, a little slice of fun for the hot summer nights where I could hang out with my friends, when I made them. I got up and walked over to my desk, right in front of the bay window and sat down. I looked at all the pictures scattered on the surface, I still hadn’t decided on a place to put them and knew that I would spend at least the next hour obsessing on finding the perfect spot for them. I picked up the one of my best friend Krista and I sitting in the hot tub with our hair in crazy buns and our oversize sunglasses on and sighed. She was coming out to visit me at the end of the summer but it wasn’t soon enough, I would have to last a whole two months of being stuck in the house with my parents and younger brother. Something moving on the far side of the room caught my attention. There were two bay windows in my room and two doors, one leading to the hallway and one leading out to my balcony. The movement was coming from the house next door, through the bay window. I approached the window from the side and peeked out. All I caught was the bedroom door closing. ‘Hmm,’ I thought to myself, ‘I wonder if I have hot neighbours’ I laughed and walked out of my room and down to the kitchen where my mum was cooking.

“Hey sweetie, did you finish unpacking?” my mum asked, mixing the salad. I nodded my head and leaned against the counter.

“About painting it, can we do it like a green? And have flowered sheets like back home?” I asked, knowing what her answer would be.

“Not now Abs, we just moved in, let your dad and I get everything settled before we changed anything” she said, pulling out bowls and glasses.

“Fine,” I said harshly, “I’m taking the dog out for a walk” I grabbed the leash and the dog and marched out the house.

“But what about dinner….” My mum’s voice called, fading as I slammed the front door shut. I walked down the drive way and turned the corner, heading for the beach. Walter, my dog, made a mad dash as soon as he was let off the leash and I took off my sandals, letting the sand get between my toes. The heat was extreme and I was considering a skinny dip just to cool off. I pulled off my tank top and was in the process of removing my shorts when a really attractive guy tapped me on the shoulder. I turned bright red and tried to hold my shirt up across my chest.

“Sorry, was I interrupting something?” he asked with a smirk on his face, I shook my head and avoided eye contact.

“My names Cameron” he said sticking out his hand. I took it and gave it a firm shake, growing up with two older brothers gave me a firm hand shake and a mean left hook.

“Hey, I’m Abby” I said, still pumping his arm. He laughed and I looked down at our hands. I let go quickly and turned around, in doing so my unbuttoned shorts fell down and I was left standing in my hot pink ‘Hawaiian Goddess’ undies and purple bra.

“I would say so…” I heard Cameron mumble as I dropped my shirt and kicked off my shorts before sprinting into the ocean. I dove in and let the refreshing water wash over me, cooling my skin. As I popped up to the surface I saw Walter wading in the shallow water. I called him and his ears perked up, once he had spotted me he made a beeline to the water’s edge and shook. I laughed and dunked back under, smoothing my hair back from my face. When I emerged Cameron was swimming out to me.