Chapter Three : Mom?

Jasarie

Bye, grandma, I love you!" Little Felicia waved and yelled from the Jeep.

"Bye, grandpa! See you on Sunday!" Janaé chirped.

Jasarie and Jordan smiled and waved their grandkids goodbye. Felicia could not stop bouncing in her seat. She was always full of energy. Jared honked and drove off.

"Finally we are free." Jordan chuckled. They loved their grandkids but keeping up with them was tiresome. 

"How about we take a nap?"

"I'm not that old yet." Jasarie declared. "let's go for a walk."

He looped his arm in hers. "Lead the way darling."

"Hey, were are you, two kids, off to?"

They looked back at Jason, their youngest. At sixteen he was as tall as his father. Looking more like a man every day. Jasarie smiled. He was growing up so fast.

 "Another honeymoon baby."

"Try not to get any girls pregnant while we're gone," Jordan added.

"You guys are so gross." He replied scrunching up his face.

 They both chuckled, if he was anything like his brothers were then he might have a few girlfriends up his sleeve. He was at that age where he believed parents should not know what sex is. Funny seeing that was how he was conceived.

"We'll be back soon," Jassy called.

"Wait, so you guys are just gonna leave me here to starve?" He called. "I'm hungry."

"One less mouth to feed," Jasarie replied. 

If she never cooked it was like these children of hers never ate. They made it known on the occasion that they would all starve without her. Especially her boys... Well, men Jared, Mark and Jason.

"Don't destroy the house." Jordan teased.

"There was a bee, can't you let that go now." He whined.

They just laughed. A few months ago Jason accidentally drove through the garage leaving a gaping hole in the back wall not to mention the destroyed part of the fence. A bee had gotten into the car and Jase was allergic. He was always panicking around bees and he nearly destroyed the house trying to get away from it. It was still fun to tease him.

"Take care now baby."

**

The park was just the right kind of cool and calm. It made jasarie feel at peace. Like being covered in a blanket of bliss. Jordan, on the other hand, felt his bliss whenever he stared at his wife, currently enjoying her fruit smoothie. She was so beautiful. Meeting her at the barbershop that day was nothing short of a miracle.

Love was a shaky road she did not want to walk on back then. He had however proved to her that she deserved to be loved by someone who knew how to love her. She was everything he had ever wanted and then more. To this day his love has never once faltered. To this day she has never gone to bed alone, crying or unsure of what the next day would bring.

"What? Something on my face?"

"Yes." He smiled.

Worried about the mess on her face she began wiping away with the tissue in her hand. "Is it gone?"

He shook his head masking his amusement. "Still there."

"What is it? where is it? Jordan quit laughing and help me."