Chapter 31: Day Seven

[ A/N: lol sorry for being evil af and leading half of y'all on MUAHAHA have fun kids and sorry to disappoint ;-)
P.S: y'all are probably gonna kill me LMAOOO i better run NOW ]

——————

Kim Yerim was in high spirits for today.

Sure, she was absolutely nervous for the upcoming Mirage Bat match in less than four hours and her heart was threatening to explode, but she was motivated to do her very best if it means that Jongin will be there to see her. She was anxious, yes, but she was also extremely excited because, well, her brother's finally waking up (after five days, but it truly felt like forever. Only one idiot like Taehyung wouldn't be enough to lighten up the mood, she learned).

So, while her anxiety was causing her hands to shake and her body to tremble, she was determined to win, and show her brother what he was missing out on when he was dead asleep.

At around 11:40am, Yeri skipped straight into the waiting room with a rather cheery Seulgi and a sleepy Momo by her sides, smiling brighter than the sun could ever hope to be. She was glad that Seulgi appeared to be in a good mood, considering how down the girl has been for the past few days.

"Are you excited, unnie?" she asked her quietly as they shuffled through the hallways together, merrily greeting the healers passing them by as they went.

Seulgi glanced at her, eyebrows raised. "Me? Of course I'm excited— to kick Jongin's ass for making us wait for so long."

Next to Yeri, Momo snorted, covering her mouth to hide her obvious smile. "Soojung will kill us."

"No. If anything, I think I'd do the same thing," Soojung piped up as she caught up to them with quick steps, scaring all three of them despite seeming as nonchalant as ever. "Since he made us wait around for such a long time, I'll strangle him the moment he wakes up."

"You're gonna put him in a coma again?" Yeri furrowed her brows, suddenly praying for her brother's life. "I think I'd prefer having my brother alive when he wakes up, sunbae."

"Yes, Soojung, it'd be nice if you could keep your hands to yourself for at least one day," Sehun drawled as he casually walked up behind them, hands buried deep in the pockets of his pants. Seulgi gives him a nod of acknowledgement, which he gives to her in return. "I get that you've been deprived of him for so long so you would probably be extremely needy by end of the long wait, but at least—"

"Shut the hell up if you know what's good for you, Oh Sehun."

He put his hands up in the air in surrender, despite not seeming intimidated at all. "Alright, I'm backing off."

"It seems like today will be a good day," Momo spoke up, hands placed behind her back as she walked alongside Yeri, Seulgi and Soojung. "I dunno. Something about today is giving me good vibes."

"Well, considering how bad our days have been recently, today better be great, with Jongin waking up and everything," Seulgi said to her, yawning as she did. "I think we deserve it after everything we've been through so far."

"That, we can all agree on," Yeri shook her head as she pushed the doors to the waiting room open, being greeted by the sight of a lounging Kim Taehyung, who was hogging all the seats to himself. Joy was sitting on the floor, texting someone on her cellphone. The sixth seat blinked. "Oh. Morning, Tae. And get out of those seats. We need some space too, y'know."