Chapter 6: Black and Blue

"Hey, Momo? I'll be going to the washroom first, so can you guys wait for me here?" Yeri said to Momo and Mina, as all three of them stood by their lockers. "Wait, where's the nearest washroom again?"

Momo sighed. "Go down the hallway all the way until Class 1-B, then make a right turn. Please make this quick. I'd rather not be late to History with Miss Park as our teacher. She's—"

"A monster, that's what she is! I ask her a simple question and it's as if she's looking at me with the Dead Eye. Park Kahi is one very scary teacher. I don't know how Jungkook and Junhoe are so calm when she's teaching. I'm always sweating throughout the entire class!" Mina ranted, throwing her hands up in the air. Momo ignored Mina as she leaned against her locker, crossing her arms and closing her eyes as if to block her voice out. Yeri stared at them for one minute before walking away, following Momo's directions to the washroom.

When she did find the bathroom, she stepped in and washed her hands, gazing at herself in the mirror. 'Today has been rather great. It's surprising, really. I never thought my first day would ever go this well,' she thought to herself. It was true. She always had the impression that school was chaotic and full of bullies, fights and whatnot, and first days will always be the worst, yet here she was, doing just fine. 'Perhaps Vestus Academy won't be so bad after all. I made some interesting friends, and got to know interesting people. Maybe this was a good idea,' she smiled. She'll keep in mind to thank Aunt Yeonhee the next time they see each other.

Deciding that she was done, she turned around and was ready to walk out, only to be blocked by four girls. She looked up to identify their faces, only to get her breath caught in her throat at the sight of one familiar face.

Never has she ever seen Kim Yura glare at her so murderously before, and she has been giving her the stare of death since lunchtime. Hell, this chick has been glaring at her since yesterday, in actuality.

"Beautiful day, isn't it, pipsqueak?" Yura hummed happily, but she knew it was intentionally sarcastic. It's not like she couldn't detect the underlying malice in her tone. The other girls by her side looked just as intimidating, judging eyes and all. Everything screamed danger, and Yeri wanted out.

'What the hell is this, a chick flick?' Yeri asked herself with irritation. She has a class to attend, and from what Mina said, she can't afford to be late.

"It certainly is, sunbae," she bit her lip, the word feeling uncomfortable coming from her mouth. She almost forgot that Yura was her senior, as she was a 2nd Year. "I believe I have a class right now. I'll be off now, enjoy your day," she tried to maneuver through the four girls, only to be stopped by a painfully tight grip on her wrist. She hissed, looking up to see the smirking face of a girl with short black hair.

"She's so tiny!" the same girl said, giggling. "Unnie, can we play with her?"

One girl with long black hair sighed. "That was the plan all along, Hyeri. God, why are you so forgetful?"

Hyeri pouted in mock offense. "Well excuse me, Minah-unnie. I was just confirming!" Yeri felt the grip on her wrist get tighter, tighter, hotter, and hotter. She suppressed a yelp but let out a cry of pain as the heat went higher, and was that fire coming from Hyeri's hands? She couldn't quite tell, really, because now the blonde girl grabbed her head with an iron grip and bashed her to the nearest wall. Yeri spat out the blood in her mouth, cringing at the bitter taste.

"Come on now, Sojin. Don't be too hard on her immediately. That'll be my honor," Yura's voice came from in front of her, but since she was facing downwards, she couldn't actually see her. "You feel like your skull is going to shatter, don't you? I don't blame you, though. Sojin's magic is Super Strength, after all," she laughed obnoxiously, before leaning down lower so their faces met. "Here's the deal, sweetie," she twirled a lock of Yeri's blonde hair between her fingers, smiling sweetly. "You leave Vestus and we'll never disturb you again. How about it?"