Chapter 7: Of Suspenseful Times

"You really didn't have to do this," Yeri said to Jungkook nervously as he gently set her down on the nearest bed to the window, the school's nurse, Kim Taeyeon, hot on his heels. Jungkook dragged a nearby stool a little closer to the bed before sitting down, calmly watching as Taeyeon started treating Yeri.

He shook his head. "No, it's alright. I wanted to help you," he said, and she couldn't help but blush slightly at his statement. She knew it was perfectly innocent, but it still made her heart flutter to no end. Everything about him made her heart flutter, with a reason that was beyond her. It was a good thing she managed to hide her fluster well.

"Care to explain how this occurred?" Taeyeon voiced out, examining Yeri's injuries with trained eyes. Yeri proceeded to recount what was it that happened while she was in the washroom, and Taeyeon responded with an ashamed shake of the head. "That Yura girl, I swear. The chairman decided not to expel all of them the last time they've done something like this, deeming that they deserve a second chance, and look what happened," she muttered a few incoherent insults at the girls, seemingly disappointed.

Jungkook eyed the wound on Yeri's head with a frown, lips curving downwards some more as he took note of the blood trickling down from it. "You might get a concussion from that. Miss Kim, you should treat that wound first."

Taeyeon nodded in agreement, tucking a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear. "Thank you for pointing that out, Jeon. I didn't spot that earlier," she took a deep breath, bringing her palms together to emit a green glow. Slowly but surely, Yeri felt the severe injuries on her body eventually disappear, leaving only bruises, and the first degree burn on her wrist where Hyeri grabbed her.

Taeyeon observed her for one last round before sighing in relief, fixing her lab coat. "The rest of the wounds are just minor ones, so my healing doesn't quite work on them. They'll be healed in a couple of days, but I'll discharge you in half an hour. You still need quite a bit of rest, after all," she shook her head. "It was a good thing you managed to defend yourself before Minah blasted her charge at you. That wouldn't be a pretty sight," she grimaced, remembering the times when Jung Yein was rushed into the infirmary by a frantic Lee Mijoo, how she managed to heal her but she never really woke up, it was terrifying, especially for a doctor like her. She remembered watching Yura get away with it all with a smug grin, while she had to contain her anger by gritting her teeth. Things ended up being taken to the court, but Yura got away. She always did. Taeyeon didn't know what kind of upbringing Yura had to turn out like this after being kind for so long, but she didn't want to know. Ignorance is bliss, is it not?

"It's so odd," Taeyeon murmured. "Did you know that Yura was an absolute sweetheart in middle school? She gave flowers to everyone, gave chocolates to everyone on Valentine's Day, smiled at everyone genuinely. Even though people tended to stay away from her due to the fear of her magic, her kindness still managed to reel everyone in. Then, when she entered high school, everything seemed to have changed," she sighed sadly. "I know this because I've been a nurse since then, too."

Jungkook nodded solemnly. He remembered that Yura. She gave him candy on Children's Day with a sincere smile back when he was a 1st Year in middle school. He never really gave much thought about her, but he had to admit that her change of behavior was rather strange, and certainly suspicious. He pushed the thought aside. That wasn't important. Yeri mattered more at this moment.

Yeri lifted her head to look at him, managing a weak smile. "You should get going, Jungkook. You're already really late to class, I can't let you miss it."

He shook his head. "I'll stay. I already memorized everything in History from 1st to 3rd Year. There's nothing I haven't learned in History, anyways. Whenever we have History I always try to resist the urge to fall asleep. I did fall asleep once, but Miss Park didn't say anything, so you could assume I most likely earned her favor," he tousled his hair. "Plus, I wouldn't want to leave you alone here, Yerim."