Chapter 7: The Final Battle

Lumine attacked first, shooting Axl's pistols towards Lincoln and Ronnie Anne. But they went around the shots and served a couple of punches to him. Lumine's back then skidded on the ground.
"Feels like you forgot that the story doesn't take place in 2D", Lincoln joked.
Lumine got up and said, "Oh. I'm just getting started".
So he got 8 different colored chips and started to use one at a time. The chips contained powers that were familiar to Axl, but not to Lincoln or Ronnie Anne. A swish of a claw suddenly came out of one of the pistols and slashed Ronnie Anne's jacket. She wasn't happy about that.
"You cheat!" She shouted, "That jacket costs a fortune!"
"Sorry", Said Axl, fighting Lumine's control, "The copy chips were made from DNA of the mavericks my friends fought long ago".
Lincoln then got a titanium pipe and slashed Lumine, giving Axl enough time to aim his pistol at the head crystal.
"I don't think so." Lumine said. And he forced the pistol hand and slammed it into Lincoln, forcing him into a street post.
Lincoln rubbed the back of his head and a thought had wandered into his mind. It was when Axl tried to shoot his head crystal that Lumine's soul was in. Then, he had a plan and had to make one fast. He ran up to Ronnie Anne, who was deflecting the other attacks Lumine threw at her.
"It's about time Lincoln", She said, relieved, "Any ideas?"
Lincoln whispered, "The head crystal is the weak spot. I need a distraction so I can break it."
Ronnie Anne then got a walkie talkie out of her pocket and called, "We need some backup now."
"Where did you get that?" Lincoln asked, "And who are you calling?"
The copy chips ran out of energy so Lumine walked closer and closer towards the couple.
"I have you now", He said, grimly.
But as he was a couple inches away... BOOM!!!
Lumine fell flat on the ground and looked with horror. The recruits were heavily armed and on a truck to help out Lincoln and Ronnie Anne!
"YAHOO!!!" The driver said, skidding the truck to the scene.
"No..." Lumine said, trying to get up but he couldn't. Axl finally got to properly communicate with Lincoln.
"Take the final blow on the head!" He called. And with that, Lincoln ran up towards Lumine and squeezed his fist. Lumine tried to move, but Axl's resistance to his control made the escape futile. Lincoln leaped up a bit and punched the head crystal, releasing Lumine's soul from Axl's body.
"How could this be?!" Lumine exclaimed, "I was supposed to change this world like I wanted. I was to be recognized again".
Then out of nowhere, a portal shown up and two figures walked out and went to Lumine's soul.
"No!" Lumine cried. "Not those two!"
One figure had a laser sword for a hand, a pointed chin painted red, and a black cloak covering his legs, and the other looked like a little girl with a nice dress and two paper cut butterflies on each side of her hair. And they were...

 And they were

Iris.EXE & Colonel.EXE

"No!" Lumine pouted in disbelief, "That doesn't mean..."
"It does", Axl said, turning back to normal for the first time in years, "You're going to CyberSpace, where deceased characters like them go!"
"Not now", Lumine whined, "My plan worked fine! I can't go now!"
"Too bad", Said Colonel, with his saber hand on Lumine's spirit shoulder.
Iris, who was grabbing the other shoulder looked at Axl, then Lincoln and Ronnie Anne and waved to them, as she and Colonel pulled Lumine into the portal with a yank, before it closed. The battle had been won, Axl had received a headache from the final blow, and Lincoln was being cuddled by Ronnie Anne. The recruits cheered as the couple cuddled and Axl had got up on his feet and rubbed his wound.