Chapter 3: Not So Bad

Back to Lincoln and Ronnie Anne, they finally got away from the carnage back at their home. There was not much transportation, since cars, trucks, and buses were being smashed all over the place. They were either driven to crashes or randomly thrown by a maverick throwing things at another. As the two walked passed what had happened, Ronnie felt something grumbling. She looked down and placed her hand all around. By then, it had turned out to be her stomach.
"Lincoln", she said. "I'm hungry".
"Same here". Lincoln replied.
Then, a scent came down, floating in mid air. It touched down on their noses. Lincoln looked and saw that the scent came from a nearby base. He had began running towards it. Ronnie Anne followed.
"Wait for me!" She called, catching up.
They made it to the base and headed to the door, opened it up, and walked inside. However, out of the blue came a few recruits, who had some ninja skills.
"Stahp right there!" Shouted one of them doing a Smosh cop impression.
"You stop", said another, the leader of the recruits. "They might be hungry, which is why they must have walked over to here."
With that, they put away their weapons to welcome the guests.
"Not from around here, are you two?" Asked another recruit.
"Not really", Lincoln replied. "Ronnie Anne and I are from another town in Michigan, but mavericks wreaked havoc on our homes and now we have to stay together." Ronnie Anne blushed. The recruit had to introduced himself and the others,
"I and several other of these people in here are recruits of the maverick army, who dropped out because we wanted to help people out, not hurt them with random weapons like falling pianos, pigeon poop, and household appliances. So that's why we made a headquarters and saw you two come here."
Lincoln and Ronnie Anne were relieved and happy. They found out that some mavericks that didn't want to go maverick and do whatever the lead recruit just described.
"Serves up!" Called another recruit. It was a female recruit who had cooked food for Lincoln and Ronnie Anne. She had heard of them and put down a plate for the two. It didn't look familiar to them.
"What are those things?" Ronnie Anne asked the server.
"Those are homemade wings", the server replied. "They are not actually meat, once you taste them."
So the two had to take a bite of one of the wings and their eyes widened, when they did.
"This is great!" Lincoln said, impressed.
"And it isn't meat after all!" Ronnie added.
"She told us so." A recruit said to another, who just shrugged.
By the time the wings were gone, Lincoln and Ronnie Anne were lying down next to each other with their tummies full and hands on the floor. They were very close.
"I'm glad you two enjoyed your stay", Said the leader of the dropped out recruits. "But I wonder where you both will go next."
Lincoln thought for about 15 seconds and had sighed.
"Me and Ronnie Anne's families are nowhere to be seen", He said solemnly. "I don't know where they had went and whoever had caused this must have something to do with me and her."
The leader had a thought hitting him like a steel beam.
"I had met the person who caused the attacks", he said, "but the person typing this right now forbids me from telling me who it is."
Lincoln had stood up a little.
"Then me and Ronnie will have to go elsewhere and hope that we make our lives happy once more". Lincoln had said.
Some minutes later, he and Ronnie walked of the building and waved goodbye to the dropped out recruits, thanking them for their hospitality. Hopefully, they would be safe.