(In)sanity

(A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the holdup. I had written this chapter twice and decided this one was better to go with. I know the ending is a little strange, but bare with me. I'm working up something good, that will make sense in time. Anyway yes, this is the last chapter for 2016, so I tried to make it a longish one. I hope I didn't disappoint anyone and have a great last day of the year! And if you aren't excited New Year you should be because you get to watch a horrific year of 2016 die... Yay!)

Jesus' P.O.V

In my intense silence, I somehow managed to scream with my whole body. My eyes wide with horror, mouth rigid and open, chalky face immobile, fists clenched with blanched knuckles and my nails digging deeply into the palms of my hands.

It's always her, and it was all my fault. I deserved the horror and trauma of these nightmares, in fact I deserve more. It was my fault that she was dead and I would never be able to forgive myself for this. All I could hope was that she was proud of every decision I had made. I was no longer in heartbreak but after all this time I still never forgave myself for not getting there in time.

The first orange hued rays of sunrise kissed the still dust laden rubble that lay on the ground below me. These soft rays that should have brought warmth to a new day only acted to solidify the reality of the fear it brung. There was no point in trying to fall back into my slumber, I was awake now and it is time to start another day.

I rubbed my eyes a little looking at the stairs I had fallen asleep on. The events of last night were bound to lay havic on the people of Hilltop, I was going to need to gather everyone and reassure them of their safety which in fact I can not garente.

"Comfy?" I hear the strong southern accent behind me.

I turned from my position slightly to see Maggie looking just as rough as I probably did. I stood from the Museums stairs, scanning the scenery in front of me. "I was so tired out, I must've just crashed here." There were no more words spoken after this as we took time to relish in the comfortable silence, which was washed away by my realisation. "I best speak with Gregory... I promise you I will get through to him."

She smiles gratefully then returns her gaze back over to the wall once more. I took this moment to shift into the Museum and walking through into Gregorys study. I wasted no time in knocking on the door and just barging my way through.

He scowls at me before taking a swig out of his glass. "I see manners are no longer apply to you."

"We need to talk about Maggie and Sasha." I sigh, leaning over the table in front of me.

"Look Jesus, I don't care what they did. The answer is no." He says, pouring another drink.

"I'm not turning away a pregnant woman who helped us." I fold my arms over, raising my voice. "I'm not turning away Sasha, either."

"Who the hell is Sasha?"

"They're saying" My anger builds up and I slam my hand onto the table.

Every time the man opened his mouth it pushed me further and further. One day he was really going to push my limits and he'd see what damage could really be done. Gregory had always taken me for granted, never thanked me, never gave back. I don't think he realises the amount of shit he'd have on his hands if I were not here.

The only reason I ever stayed was the people. They were kind, innocent and they didn't deserve to look up to a coward of all things. People look to me, I couldn't imagine leaving and destroying their hope. But I was not a leader.

"You're not in charge, Jesus. I am. I'm the one who has to look after the safety of this place." He begins, narrowing his eyes at me as I think a billion retorts up inside my head. "What, you're telling me you wanna call the plays, after all this time, after I set the table here? Say the word. The broken gate, the saviours, the people- all of this can be yours. Only you'd have to stick around more than five minutes, you'd actually have to be apart of this place."