Let's (never) pretend that happened

I shift underneath the covers as little beams of light shine through my eyelids. I sigh deeply feeling relaxed. I open my eyes and am slightly taken by shock when I realise I'm not in my bed. Then I remember, I got hit on the head Paul made me sleep in his bed. I try moving my feet but a body is laying on them. Paul must have passed out last night while we were talking. I watch his chest rise with each breath, it's peaceful.

Last night we talked for hours until there was nothing left to talk about. I slightly remember falling asleep, and he must have dosed off after me. I continue to watch his breath rise and fall slowly, one hand above his head the other laying over his stomach.

"You just going to sit and stare Dylan Grimes?" He sighs eyes closed. Shit, I never realised he was  awake nor did I realise I was staring for so long.

"I uhh- um." I tremble trying to think of something to say. One of his eyes peaks open staring at me before he starts to laugh, I lightly laugh back at my awkwardness.

"If I didn't know any better, I would have thought you were watching me sleep." He says, standing to his feet and gets out some clean clothes for the day.

"And what if I was?" My cheeks flush and start to get hot, I never meant for those words to stumble out of my mouth.

"Then it'd make us even." He says pulling out a pair of trousers from a drawer inspecting them. My thoughts race around getting confused by his comment. He turns around noticing my expression "I was starring, last night."

This time I definitely blush.
He heads over to the bathroom to get changed.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were flirting with me." I call after him smiling like an idiot.

He's closing the bathroom door but before he does, his head peaks out from it. "What if I was?" With a smirk he closes the door.

I shake my head at the closed door, getting rid of my smile. Paul was a very sweet man, and I had a lot of respect for him and his ways. He was wise, funny and very flirtatious I'm surprised there wasn't a swarm of girls over him all of the time. But I guess since the world went to shit no one really bothers about love. Me and him have defiantly connected and made some sort of bond of friendship with each other. 

He comes out of the bathroom short after looking fresh and in a change of clean clothes. He stops, standing a few meters from the bed looking down on me and pressing his hands together.
"Okay how's your head? We got a lot to do and only a little time to do it." He sighs.

"Hmm fairly decent, not as sore as yesterday." I admit reaching over for the bottle of water. I screw open the cap taking a small sip of the water. Paul comes over to the bedside table opening the pain killers and handing them to me. I throw them both back easy enough, putting the bottle back on the table.

"Safe to stand now?" He asks gently. "We need to get you dressed, fed and hydrated before I take you home."

I sigh, my eyes diverting toward my legs under the blanket. Well, best give it a shot. I push the covers back and swing my legs round so my bare feet touch the ground. I push myself up from the bed slowly standing. I feel slightly hollow and light headed but it's nothing I haven't experienced before. My eyes slowly move from my feet to Paul's glazed over eyes. He smiles and I return it.

'Oh' he mouths as he goes back over to the drawers. On top of them is a pile of neatly folded clothes and holsters with weapons , which appear to be mine. He walks back handing them to me then side stepping for me to make my way to the bathroom. I take it slow walking there. I need to adjust to walking and standing first. I reach the bathroom setting my clothes and holsters onto the closed toilet seat and shutting the door. My eyes wonder over to the mirror. And to be honest it's not as bad as I thought just a bruise of the side of my jaw, where my Dad accidentally caught me. I change into my clothes quickly and attach my holsters onto my leg, putting my brothers checked red and black shirt on last around my waist.