Unharmed

"Okay, who's car am I in?" I ask Rick as everyone's getting into their cars and the RV.

"Your in with Jesus, Maggie and Carol." He begins, chucking his bag into the RV. "You all won't be coming in. You's will be on the outside keeping a look out from there." I suddenly feel relieved to know Paul won't be in there fighting. I can imagine he won't be too happy about it, but he couldn't go in even if he wanted to. If the saviours seen him and recognised him from Hilltop, Hilltop would be done for. I nod walking over to the red car behind the RV, getting into the back seat and seeing Paul on the opposite side of me.

"Good Afternoon." I smile at him and he returns the favour.

Maggie gets into the passenger seat in the front and Carol drives. She starts up the engine and follows close behind the RV. I look out of the window letting my thoughts take over. No one knows what to expect from today. No one knows how well or how bad this will go, I'm scared of the outcome but I can't stop it. Once Rick's made a decision it's already half done. As I've said before, I may not get along great with him but I do trust him but only to a certain extent. Mike said it would take about 2 hours to get there but we're stopping half an hour out to go through the plan again and do whatever else needs done. As minutes pass by the once nice silence is now awkward silence.

"Does anyone have any water?" I ask, trying to make small talk.

"Yeah." Maggie says, chucking the water bottle back, managing to hit Paul in the chest. I belly laugh at the coincidence, he seems to always get hurt around me. 

"Sorry." Maggie laughs as I hand her back the water. He shakes it off taking a drink of his water then putting it away. I turn my attention back to the front of the car leaning forward slightly. "How long we have left?" I ask.

Carol laughs. "It's only been five minutes". I groan falling back into my seat again, it feels like it's been hours since we left. I look out the window for a couple minutes when I decide I'll sleep to pass time, I shut my eye's leaning onto the window falling into my slumber.

Paul's (Jesus's) P.O.V:

Time flowed like cement. I checked my watch for the time. A minute had passed since I last checked an hour ago, or so it seemed. Sitting there with nothing to stare at but a few dead looking trees. The sky was excruciatingly dull and there was no telling when this ride was over. It was so pointless for me to even be here, I can't even help out. I began to drift into an unpleasant daydream or was it a paranoid fantasy? So hard to tell and I didn't care. It helped to pass the time and I wasn't one for entertaining myself with optimism. Better to be prepared.

I let my thoughts eat away at me for a while until a head is resting on to my side. I look down on her fragile sleeping figure and smile. She was dressed in a black vested crop top, black skinny jeans with rips in them, a black cap and a pair of running shoes. She was the kind of girl, girls loved to hate. She was beautiful in every way. Her pastel pale skin was like silk. She had a tall structure with a very skinny build , but that was understandable due to her health problem. Her eyes were my favourite, they looked ice cold and frozen over. She was very attractive, I hope one day someone makes her feel it too. I won't lie and say that there was some sort of chemistry between us because there was something. But I could never.

After Amber died I told myself I wouldn't fall in love again. It's dangerous and it get's you killed. I remember the many times Victoria would tell me she loved me and each time I'd avoid her for days weeks even, so I never had to think about it. She excepted it now, I can still tell she has a thing for me but she never says the words.

"you're lucky her Dad ain't here." I hear Maggie's strong southern accent from the front of the car. I look up to the front mirror and see her looking back at me through it.