Rope

My eyes drowsily open. It's hard to see much at the moment but they come into focus in time. I don't even try to look at my surroundings and just sit up, which I very quickly regret. I gasp as the throbbing pain begins, I scrape my teeth together at the excruciating pain.

"Woah." I hear someone say coming over and comforting me laying me back down, I don't catch who they are as I'm too busy fighting the urge to scream. "Dr Harlan!" 

This time I actually do scream, not loud but it was a scream. Pretty embarrassing and weak of me right?

I'm then sweetly hushed by someone, who gently strokes my hair while doing so. The hush is familiar and just from the hush I can tell exactly who it is. 

"Paul?" I groan, holding my head eyes squeezed shut.

"Shh." He continues to hush me. "Don't talk, you're alright."

I manage barley to open my eyes, and I straight away see baby blue ones staring back down at me. I look around and I notice something familiar about the room too, It's Paul's. I look to the windows and I see the dark sky, with not a glimpse of the sun in sight, it must be late. My gaze returns to Paul.

"What happened?" I ask, my head spinning with the questions I have for him.

He gives me a look raising his eyebrows looking to me for the answer when I just stare back at him blankly he laughs. "Well, you definitely didn't do what I asked you too. You got a few hard hits to the face, but your heads sore because the girlfriend of the guy you murdered, Hit you in the back of the head with a shovel." He says it like he's defending the girl.

"Well." I sigh, looking away at the window. "He tried to kill my dad." 

"I know." He starts. "You did the right thing-The only thing you could have done, but it was stupid you could have got killed." 

I pause for a minute. "Anyway, what's the time?... Where is everyone?" 

"Your Dad went home they had to- to check on your brother or something? It's roughly twelve." He says looking at the window.

I sit up again forgetting about my head, I hiss at the pain as Paul lays me back down. "I have- I have to get home. I have to see my brother!" I say through gritted teeth, due to the pain.

"I'm taking you back home tomorrow. You were needing medical attention, you couldn't have gone home. It could cause too much damage." He finishes just as Dr Harlan comes rushing in.

Paul stands up making room for Dr Harlan to sit, and he sits right where my legs are. Paul stands to the side holding his head with his finger and thumb. 

"How are you?" Dr Harlan asks, I haven't ever met him before but I can tell he's a nice person.

"My heads sore... I need to get home." I insist.

He laughs slightly. "Jesus will take you home tomorrow. For now, drink water and rest. You're recovering from a small coma, most last days or even weeks your lucky, you must be a fast healer." I nod as I'm not really sure how to reply and there's silence for a minute. "Okay I'll speak to you in the morning before you leave, for now, take these pain killers and rest" He smiles standing up and handing the painkillers to Paul exiting the room, as Paul thanks him.

He swiftly grabs a bottle of water from the table and walks over to me. He gently sits me up holding the back of my head making sure I don't do what was done previously. He puts a pillow behind me, making it comfortable. He hands me the water and the two white painkillers he pop's from the packet. I swig them both back easily handing the water back to him. He goes to lay me back down again but I wave my hand.