Jesus✔

"Dylan?" He whispers from the darkness of my room. Without any question, I lift my covers invitingly behind me. This was a recurring situation both me and my brother found ourselves in a lot over the last couple weeks, the thought of sleeping was almost just an idea to us by now.

I feel the bed shift behind me as he clambers in as I turned around to greet him. The moonlight that had sneaked past my curtains was highlighting his pale complexion and bright blue eyes. He was the mirror image of my father's appearance, whereas I had more of my mothers.

"I think Dads taking me on a run tomorrow. Did you need any new comics or anything?" I asked, I knew how much he liked to read, even if they were just comics. At least he was enjoying something in this life, you don't find too many people nowadays with hobbies.

He yawned before beginning, "It'd be cool if you could find some."

I smile before mumbling a goodnight his way and closing my eyes, letting my mind free fall into the chaos of a new dream.

****

"Dylan, up and at em'. Common let's go." My dad shouts into the room, clicking his fingers aggressively before walking off down the stairs.

Despite the unfortunate wake up call, I opened my eyes easier today. Today was going to be good because it was about time that something good actually happened to me. Hopefully, we'd bring back a satisfactory amount of things back to Alexandria. Hopefully.

"Have fun." Carl makes a face at me, obviously commentating on our dad's attitude this morning.

"Oh stop it." I roll my eyes, "It's been awhile since dads been all authority like. It's good to see him getting back to being himself again."

With that, I stood to my feet rummaging through my drawers for something to throw on and making my way to the bathroom to dress. I didn't know what I expected to find when I looked into the mirror today, but I was definitely not expecting the mess that was my hair.

"Dylan!" My Dad shouted.

I huffed chucking the material onto my body, there was no time for untangling the giant knots that had formed overnight. Although this didn't really bother me appearance wise but more comfort wise.

"So when are you going to get back to being yourself again?" Carl asked as I opened the bathroom door, handing me my throwing knives.

"Gotta keep on, keeping on." I sighed, looking into his denim like eyes and taking my knives before pulling him into a side hug. "See ya later snarly Carly."

He shoves me playfully towards the stairs which I walk down. I liked the relationship my brother and I had, we found ourselves in each others company a lot. It wasn't always like that though.

As I walk out of my house I'm met with a very impatient looking dad and Daryl. I just shrugged, heading towards the car with a bounce in my step. I felt good. That was until I realised my dad was driving, which meant the treacherous music was soon making an appearance.

"Please don't." Daryl sighs rubbing his forehead as my dad picks up a CD putting it into the player, Alexandria far behind us.

The god-awful music plays and my dad begins to Jigg in his seat a little, chirping away. It's a classical dad thing to do, and this was what I missed most about before. It wasn't often I see him smiling like this. I remember my mom had the same reaction to my dad's music as I do, except she just would not tolerate it. She used to put the CDs in the visor above the steering wheel in an attempt to hide them. But of course he knew where they were, her hiding places were worse than the music itself. My mouth curled upward at the memory.