march 15th, 2016

~ what you want - two door cinema club ~

a few days passed and jacob and emily got things figured out. her parents didn't come back to florida, so that could mean they won't be coming for a while. but, what surprised emily the most was receiving a message from her mom a day after they flew to england. of course, she read it and was also very surprised at its content.

dear emily,

me and your father are very sorry for treating you like this. he also says he's sorry about an incident you two had a while ago (don't know what he means). we see how strong of a bond you have with that jacob friend of yours and that you were so devastated to leave him. we figured we could get a time off our work and actually leave you to yourself for a while. yes, we actually didn't go to england for work, but the real cause is now... better for you not to know.

we hope you won't feel alone in the house, and be free to invite anyone you like. we'll send you some money once in a while for you to live on. we'll be gone for about a month or two. thought we could solve our problems and maybe come back as better parents for you in summer.

and sorry for comparing you to luke because you got a bad grade in history. me and your dad never meant those things we said. our job isn't the easiest one and so the stress we have builds up and unleashes itself onto you.

best of wishes,

your mom and dad.

emily shed a few tears for her parents actually acknowledged her feelings, thoughts and what she had said to them. after all those months and even years of her doing her best and getting a bad response, she finally got what her heart had wanted for a long time. some kind of positive response from her parents.

if she couldn't become happier, jacob called her up on thursday, march 14th to ask if she wants to come with him to the school dance.

"to what?!" emily chuckled.

"t-to the school dance." jacob repeated. "you know, dancing and all, we're allowed to bring... whoever we like and i... wanna bring you, cause-"

"yeah, yeah, i get it." emily stopped the boy's rambling. "school dance..."

"school dance."

"how many people are going to be there?"

"uh... i don't know, everyone who goes to the dance? not the whole school."

"hmm."

"what's wrong?"

"what?"