december 6th, 2015

~ ghosts - banners ~

oh man, i really need to do this. 

emily was holding her phone in her shaking hand with jacob's contact opened. she gained courage to give jacob a sign two days after the feast with her parents, it was sunday now, 11:43am. 

what if jacob doesn't want to talk to me anymore? what if i really upset him? nonsense, why did he come to your house on friday? because he obviously wants to talk to you.

okay, just do it, emily, it's going to be okay. just don't say anything except that you want to meet up. you can do this.

emily pressed the call button and place her phone to her ear.

what if he can't pick up right now? maybe he will ignore me? 

it beeped for a while until emily heard the noise signalling jacob had picked up the phone. oh my god, here it goes.

"hello?" she heard jacob's hopeful voice on the line. ah, it feels so good to hear your voice. i've missed you. emily breathed in shakily.

"h-hey, jacob." she said.

"oh." his hopeful tone dropped. "hi, emily." she didn't reply, but her heart broke. "so, what is it?" jacob asked and it sounded like he was doing something else.

"well, i was just, you know, wondering that maybe we could..." emily breathed in again. "maybe we could meet up again, today."

"uh," she felt jacob's tone lighten up a bit and the tension become a bit thinner. "okay. erm, when?"

"in half an hour?" emily questioned with very much hope in her voice.

"okay. i'll meet you on the street." jacob said and hung up. emily furrowed her eyebrows and then lowered her phone away from her ear. that's pretty distant.

emily sighed and fell forwards on her bed with her hands in her blue hair. stressful situations were the worst. she didn't even want to know how many and what questions her mind was creating, so she got up to shower.

emily hadn't talked to her parents since friday, vice versa. she had already said everything that had been on her mind and there was nothing else left. her parents, on the other hand, had so much to say, but they didn't know what to say and when. so they said exactly nothing.

when emily got out of the shower, she put on a tight shirt, a blue turtle neck sweater and black jeans. her hair was up in a messy bun, as always. she got out of her house.

jacob was frustrated, but also kind of pleased with emily. i mean, calling out of nowhere to meet up? after ignoring jacob for two weeks? that's just rude.