march 8th, 2016

~ knee socks - arctic monkeys ~

3:47pm

hey i'm here 

emily jumped from her bed when she read the text. he was here. three weeks of not seeing each other - emily had missed jacob so much. he had suggested helping emily pack for england and the girl gladly said yes. she was going away the day after tomorrow, so in two days. and she wasn't a least bit excited.

the girl's ponytail swayed to the rhythm of her feet when she carried herself down the stairs of her house. she opened the main door and saw, of course, jacob portman standing in all his glory. he was smiling softly, but his body gave off a kind of sad vibe.

"hey." jacob said, taking emily in for a hug. she wrapped her small arms around him and rested her head in the crook of jacob's neck. jacob felt a hurting feeling radiating off emily. "hey, w-what's wrong?"

his words made emily hold him closer and almost tears pour. jacob knew what was wrong, but it felt like there was something else bothering emily, besides the main thing. the boy pulled away and looked at emily's face, which was turned away from him.

"let's go inside." emily said. jacob nodded and they went into her house, jacob closed the door after getting his shoes off. "sorry i'm so quiet and i seem like a mess." she said. "do you want anything to eat or to drink?" 

"no, i'm okay." jacob said. "and i, uh.... i understand. you have the right to be."

"jacob, no." emily stopped once they had reached her room door. "i don't want you to be the strong one. just because you're the boy doesn't mean you always have to be strong one. i don't want your pity right now. i just need you to be here." emily sighed. 

"emily..." it was jacob's turn to sigh. "i'm not... i'm not a professional at telling differences between feelings, but i just..." he whined. "i don't know, sorry if i have pitied you, but i definitely didn't plan on it. i just want to... you know, make you feel better."

the girl sighed. "alright." she said. "can you just help me pack now?" she asked and jacob nodded with a smile of relief. then emily opened the door of her room, revealing a huge mess of books and pants and paper sheets. 

jacob let out a breathy chuckle. "oh man, this is some mess." he stated.

"oh, yeah." emily smiled a little. "at least it's not all made of clothes."

"oh, i feel so relieved." jacob said, putting his hand over where his heart should be in a dramatic sense. emily looked at him with raised eyebrows and a very slight smile. jacob waited for her to laugh or at least chuckle, but she did no such thing. "w-where's your smile?" he asked.

"huh?" emily asked in confusion. 

"why won't you smile?" jacob said. 

"i don't-i don't know... i don't think there's anything to smile about now." emily said. her friend felt his heart falling down to his heels. he should try and lighten the whole situation.