december 31st, 2015

~ wolf river - the careful ones ~

emily ran out of her house and onto the street, holding her jacket together with her hands

emily ran out of her house and onto the street, holding her jacket together with her hands. she was too excited and happy to waste any second for dressing up properly.

jacob was already standing on the sidewalk, a distance between him and emily's house. they hadn't seen each other in weeks. and they were going to celebrate emily's birthday today, on new year's eve. jacob had gotten them both a wonderful celebration, it was a surprise for emily. the boy knew she'd love what he had gotten ready.

he saw the familiar blue bunch swaying in the air and coming closer to him, showing a smiling feature, and then it jumped on him, arms wrapping around his neck. emily squealed with joy as she hugged her best friend or, if you prefer, jumped on him.

jacob staggered back a few steps from the impact of a body on his, but held himself on his feet and put his arms around emily, hugging her back. 

"hey, late birthday girl." jacob said into her hair. emily chuckled.  jacob smiled himself and then put emily's light body on the ground before him.

"hi, portman." she said. "no stuttering, i hear." jacob grinned. "did you get your christmas present?"

"yeah, of course." jacob took something out of his pocket. "i'm wearing it, see?" he showed emily his new phone case. emily had made it herself - there was a collage of fandom logos - fandoms that jacob and emily liked. the collage mostly consisted of comic book characters, since jacob was a comic enthusiast. "and you? did you get yours?"

"uh-huh." emily nodded. "i've got it underneath my sweater." jacob had made emily a t-shirt that had sam and dean winchester's faces printed all over. she loved supernatural. 

"well, can i say 'happy birthday' now?" jacob asked with a smile. emily chuckled and he got that as a sign. he got an envelope out of his backpack. "happy birthday."

"thank you. why do you have your backpack with you? and why is it filled?" emily asked with a raised eyebrow and jacob gave the envelope over to her. jacob didn't answer, he only watched his friend open the present. her petite fingers took out two folded pieces of paper and held in front of herself to read. "14:30pm bus to..." emily's eyebrows furrowed, "...new york?" she looked up at jacob before reading aloud again. "arrival at new york bus station 19:30pm(a/n: so idk how long it takes to get from florida to nyc, but this is a fictional story bjkdsdkjf don't kill me)." she looked up at jacob. "what is this? and why does it have today's date on it?" she asked with the papers in her hand swaying around.