Chapter 2: Saying Goodbye to Pittsburgh

Start from the beginning

"Question, what gate will our plane be boarding?" Abby asked the man.

"Your plane will board at Gate A6 in Terminal A and did i forget to tell you that your tickers will seat you in first class in the upper deck." He informed us as we got everything we needed to board the plane as we headed to the gate where our plane would be boarding at.

"What did he mean by upper deck?" Paige asked me, with a confused look on her face.

"We'll have to see what he was talking about." Brooke answered for me as we headed toward Terminal A and when we reach the gate, we decide to sit in the waiting room as i looked at the plane. "Guys, remember when the guy at the ticket counter was talking about the upper deck?"

"Yeah, what about it?" Kalani asked me.

"I think that may be the answer." I pointed at a jumbo jet and the front had two levels one was with coaching and the top one had the first class seats which had the girls and Abby in absolute amazement.

"Wow..." Kalani stated.

"That...is one huge plane." Brooke added.

"What kind of plane is that?" Maddie asked.

"That is a Boeing 747 Plane, it fits up to 416 passengers in the layout that has three classes, it has five bathrooms and it is one of the biggest planes in the world." Abby explained.

"My grandmother went to new orleans once on a business trip, she rode on a Boeing 747, and at the time i was 13." I said, then my phone rang and the caller ID said Kira, then i picked up.

"Hello, Kira."

"Hi, Jamaal. how are you doing?" She asked

"We're doing good, we're at Pittsburgh Int'l." I replied.

"We're at Los Angeles Int'l Airport, just waiting for you guys to land."

"According to my calculations, we'd be there between 7:10-7:20." I informed her as i was talking on the phone with her and after a few minutes, we hang up and just sat there, i was reading a book, Abby was on her phone while Kalani, Maddie, Brooke and Paige were just texting their friends.

A couple of hours later, an announcement came over the P.A. as we listened very closely in case if our flight was about to board.

"Attention, passengers. United Airlines Flight 417, to Los Angeles, California is now boarding." As soon as the announcement was over.

"Well, that's us." Maddie said as Myself, Brooke, Paige, Kalani and Abby got up and gathered all of our stuff and handed our tickets to the lady at the front counter and then she handed them back to us.

"Have a nice flight." She said with a smile as we got our tickets back from her, then we were walking through the gate as we were the first ones to board and we showed the flight attendant our first class tickets.

"Head up the stairs and you can have any seat up there." She explained as i shook her hand and we entered the plane and headed up the stairs and saw the seats as Abby and i took the front seat on the left and we sat next to each other, Maddie and Kalani sat in the seeats behind us and Across from us, Brooke and Paige sat in their seats.

"May i have your attention please, passengers? Flight 417 from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles will be leaving shortly and it will be nonstop. Please fasten your seatbelts and turn off your electronic devices, thank you for flying with United Airlines." The flight attendant said as the Plane began to back up out of the gate.

"Well here we go. California, here we come." Maddie said as the plane was taxiing towards the runway and when we reached the runway, the plane begain to move forward and at the middle part, it was at the speed that planes were usually were at when it was time for take off, then we felt the plane ascend to the sky.

"Bye Pittsburgh, we'll miss you!" Abby said, waving to the city and i waved as well.

"We'll never forget you, Pittsburgh!" Maddie and Kalani said as we're in the sky, headed to our new home where the Abby Lee Dance Company would be located and a few minutes later, we were up in the sky at the usual altitude.

"We can see a lot of lights from up here!" Paige squealed.

"Since it's still dark, you're gonna see a lot of lights." I told her. "And if you're wondering how long the flight is, it's gonna be 5 hours and 34 minutes, nonstop and it's currently 1:45 AM so we would arrive at 7:17 AM, Los angeles time."

"That's a long time." Maddie said.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are at a safe altitude, so you may now use your electronic devices." We pulled out all of our phones out, but we put them on airplane mode and i took a self shot with Abby and i put it on twitter and instantly the photo got comments.

"Jamaal and Abby Forever!"

"Age doesn't make a difference, because that's just a number, as long as they keep each other happy, it's all good."

"With you two, Cathy will never have the talented dancers like you guys!"

"I love Dance Moms, i wish i could meet you and Abby, Jamaal!"

"How's your nose feeling, Jamaal?" The comment touched me so much, i decided to reply.

"It's getting better."

"You and Abby are my favorite couple!" That comment made Me and Abby smiling.

"Kelly got what she deserved in my opinion." And we took some pictures with my camera and cell phone and were just looking out the window.