Chapter Nineteen

"No Eun-Hye I am not going dress shopping with you"

The other female groaned in dissatisfaction as she tugged on her arm, Ana trying her best to get away from her. It was a two weeks before the formal, as she hadn't picked out a dress or outfit to wear. It was a mistake on her part that she revealed that she didn't purchase a dress.

"But you need to look good, my definition of good. For Christ sake, you actually have a date for once"

Ana rolled her eyes, her excuses were futile she'd be quick to assume that. She finally stopped struggling against the weaker female, allowing her to be tugged towards her car. Why did the government issue Eun-Hye a license? She'd never know.

"Finally, now since we're going all out for this dress, I know the perfect place"

Ana groaned against the idea, already knowing the place she was talking about. Now she didn't have anything about big puffy over the top dresses. The time and skill needed to create them was something she could never have. But to wear them was a different story. Eun-Hye knew Ana could not stand large attention-seeking dresses. Hopefully she still remembers this now

  —

"You invited them too?"

Ana gestured to the 9 males that stood in a semi-circle. A few of the guys had stayed back to distract Jun, who didn't even realize what was going on. She was really of scared of how fast her friend was able to plan all of this, and she did not want to even know why.

"Yes, now let's get inside. I already got one of the best workers there to help us. And you even have a row of opinions"

Ana glanced upwards to the ceiling, quietly praying to someone to help her from this. Eun-Hye rolled her eyes as she tugged her towards the worker who was waiting for them.

  —

Almost after thirty minutes of a picky Ana listing what she didn't want, there were able to find five dresses that hopefully met her needs. A few caught her eye, but she manged to find something that she didn't quite like. Whether it be too much sparkle, too puffy and the like.

She visibly scanned over the rack before pulling one out.

"This is the one, you can put the rest back"

Eun-Hye dropped her jaw in shock, there was no way she was sure of the dress. She hadn't even tried the other ones! Eun-Hye pushed one of her favourites towards the female, who proceeded to push it back. Eun-Hye sighed as she pushed the female into the change room, heading out to where the guys were waiting.

"Don't laugh okay?"

A small voice was heard before Ana stepped out, avoiding the gazes as she fiddled with her thumbs. Despite being known for not caring for the looks or whispers of others, she actually wanted Jun to like the dress and she didn't want to disappoint him.

"Wow"

"You look stunning"

"Jun's heart will probably go boom boom after seeing you"

The boys proceeded to shove Hoshi, before nodding in agreement and flashing a thumbs up. Eun-Hye stepped towards her friend and directed her the mirror.

"If you're happy, then I'm happy. You look wonderful"

Ana nodded as her answer, glancing to her figure in the mirror. Eun-Hye clapped excitedly as she pushed Ana back towards the change room to take the dress. In her words, one small tear could ruin the whole dress.

  —

The female reached for her phone, which missed calls from Jun and loads of messages afterwards. She scrambled to send a message, before smiling at what a worry-wart he was.

"We could go bowling for fun, it's almost cosmic bowling"

"That's sounds good, I'll invite the other guys to meet us there"

The group left the shop, Jieun entering afterwards. She headed towards to the place where the dress she wanted was supposed to be, however it seem to be gone. She went to front, while her friends went to go look for it.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but a lovely customer had purchased it just moments before"

Jieun widen her eyes before stomping her feet, throwing a mild tantrum. Curse her father canceling her credit card for crashing her car three times in a month.

"Let's just spilt up evenly, the guys said they'll be coming soon regardless"

"Ana, I bet I can beat you at bowling"

"I doubt it, Jun help me out and I'm a pro now. Totally can beat you"

The boys chuckled as they tied their shoes on, adding their names to the monitor as well. The girls were always competitive, Mingyu knew this from experience. Finally, the rest of the guys came over, Jun walking up and pulling Ana close to him. She rolled her eyes at how clingy he was. They were only gone for three hours. However she did keep her phone on silent, she would've messaged him instantly just to please him.

"Now now, let's just have a friendly game. We're here till midnight"

The females nudged one another before entering their names into the monitor. Tonight was gonna be a long night.

After five games, Ana had won three of them, and of pure sympathy for her friend's ego, she let her win two. It was fair in her eyes, something for her to brag about for three days before she was over it. She yawned as sat beside Jun, taking a bite out of the nachos that they all shared. He glanced to her before placing his arm onto her shoulder blade. Out of habit, she leaned her head on his.

"Jun it's your turn—"

Jun shook his head and gestured for someone else to take his place, wanting to stay with his girlfriend. Girlfriend, he'd miss saying that after the formal. Sure this wasn't meant to be real, the whole idea was something he made out of pure selfishness for his own life. Sure he could've just dealt with Jieun on his own, but at the time, he needed to do something.

God he didn't want this to end, he wanted if anything to continue their relationship or whatever this was. But he couldn't admit his feelings out loud, his pride wouldn't let him.