Chapter Fourteen

"Okay, so I was wondering if could try this song"

"Yeah I like that one, we should try that one, how does it go again?"

after being dismissed from school, Ana and Eun-hye spent their day at Dino's family studio, along with the rest of the other guys. though Ana spent her time with Tae, in a separate room connected to the practice room. after much though, and in order to please the easily jealous/bean Jun, the pair was sat in a recording room with a large room inside. which Jun stared through often more than he should. at least it was a one way window, where those looking inside could do so without being noticed by those inside the actual room.

Ana held the lyric sheets as she shared the earbud with the male, who sat with a guitar in his lap. she quietly hummed along with the song, her hand hitting her thigh in time with the song.

"I think we could practice it once, then maybe I could take the lyrics home to practice?"

Tae looked at her, tilting his head to the side, almost confused at her suggestion. this was a first for him, even though it has been a while since the two have made any sort of conversation.

"is something wrong? you were never suggested times to do things on your own"

Ana shurrged her shoulders as she placed the lyric sheets on her lap, pulling the earbud away from it's original position. she avoided his gaze, thinking of the right way to explain.

"Jun, we should really get back to practicing, today would be nice"

The8 sighed as the rest of the guys watched the Chinese male staring at the window, wearing a harden expression. it's been like this for a while, meaning the rest of them weren't able to practice, and Eun-hye? Well she's just watching her female friend with her Ex, also interested in what was happening.

it took a while, before he finally moved from his statue like pose. he sighed as he sat against the wall that leaned against. he knew he was being protective, he knew he was being nosy, but yet, he couldn't help but be like he was. they dated in the past, although it was ended on good terms, he still wanted to know what had happened. call him what you wanted, but to be honest, he really wants to look out for her, even if they started their friendship on what would be a confusing start.

"Right, sorry, let's start from the bridge"

the guys have never seen this side of Jun before, sure he's been protective or clingy, but it's always been with The8 most of the time. he is usually affectionate, but this is very new to them, if anything, the Jun they knew somehow changed when Ana came into his life.

"Tae, it's just I like working on my own, I've always been like this"

still unconvinced, he placed the guitar on its stand, facing her completely. she sighed as her words weren't enough to change the topic.

"Ana, is there something going on? please tell me, I don't want anything bad between us"

Ana wore a defeated look, turning to glance out the window, though she wasn't able to see through it, she knew exact who she was looking for.

Jun.

Tae watched her gaze, before being able to put two and two together, almost as if a light bulb went off in his head.

"is it Jun? look I'm not here to start anything, I swear, I just really wanted to perform together"

"Tae it's not that, he just isn't the greatest with trusting people easily, you're a different case because of your history with me, 

Tae nodded as he finally understood, wearing a bright smile to change the awkward atmosphere the two were having, prompting her to chuckle at his attempt.

"don't worry, I get it, I would totally be in his place, wait that came out wrong, but don't worry, just can we just stay friends? that's all I ask"

she nodded as she wore a smile, making the male open his arm for a hug. she rolled her eyes at his cheesiness, walking forward to wrap her arms around his neck.

"jUNHUI HOLD ON"

it took Woozi and Dokyum to anchor the male by his legs, and rest of the members to hold him from attacking the male that was currently holding his girlfriend a bit to close for his taste.

"JUN JUST GIVE IT A MINUTE WOULD YOU"

it really took a while for the male to calm down, letting out a sigh as he glared harshly at the wooden floor, that really didn't anything in order to receive such a look.

"okay fine, I'm cool"

the rest of the guys exhaled in relief, lying down on the floor, now tired from trying to stop the male from doing something he might regret later on. Eun-hye noticed the hug between her friends had stopped, allowing her to barge in, as a she normally would.

the two stared at the doorway, surprised, to see a female appear. but they soon sat back in their seats.

"so what are we all working on in here?"

they both returned to what they were working on, Ana holding onto her lyric sheets, while Tae quickly grabbed onto the neck of the guitar.

"oh nothing, we were just settling some artistic differences, so how's everything with you all outside?"

"it's been going well in my opinion, just a few bumps in the road here and there, right guys?"

"yEAH"

"EVERYTHING IS AJU NICE IN HERE"

the two laughed as they poked their head out to look through the doorway. Ana quickly searching for the face of Jun's, which wasn't hard to find, the only crown of hair visible from a where she sat. she wore a relieved expression, before returning to her original position.

"well, we'll just continue practicing for a bit, we're still competing against the guys"

Eun-hye shot her hands up in defense, closing the door behind her and allowing the two to continue practicing.

"Jun, you really don't have anything to worry about, I doubt Tae's that type of guy"

but that doubt Eun-hye had made him worry even more, which he really didn't want, especially at a time like this. 

updates at 2:25am, totally worth it :)