Chapter Nine

Ana held her head in her hand, mumbling curse words under her breath as Eun-hye walked beside her.

"Why did you go for it? I would've been fine taking the hit " her friend questioned as they neared the Nurse office. Ana shrugged her shoulders as she groaned, that small amount of movement sending a painful sting to her head.

"I knew it would've hit you square in the nose, the side of the head is way less painful, and I'm not hearing a thank you for saving my life " Ana answered.

-

The nurse looked from her laptop, at least, she was the type of nurse to actually care for those who were injured or hurt. Sometimes a bandage didn't fix everything.

"What happened here?" The nurse asked, placing her hand over Ana's head. Ana cringed before allowing her to continue.

"Volleyball spike" Eun-Hye explained.

-

The nurse quickly got to work, grabbing an ice pack and placing it over the sensitive area. Ana hissed for a few moments, before sighing as she held the ice pack on her own.

"You should really be careful, anywhere else and the situation could be worse" The nurse explained, allowing the two girls to return to class. Ana honestly wanted to rip the head off that Barbie wannabe, maybe stick those fake nails where the sun don't shine. Eun-Hye brought Ana to the window near the gym, basically to oversee what was happening inside. It was alright for the most part, two teams playing their game, the girls trying to flirt with the guys. Even Mingyu managed to stay away from those females.

"Look!" Eun-Hye called, pointing in a direction. Ana's eyes led to see Jun and that girl. Ana felt a tick mark form on her forehead as she clenched her fist over the ice pack.

This girl had the decency to flirt with her boyfriend— fake boyfriend. Regardless, she was peeved.

Ana marched inside the gym, throwing the ice pack to the ground, alerting everyone of her presence. Even Jun noticed, and so did Jieun.

"Look Jieun, I don't appreciate you flinging yourself towards a guy who is clearly taken" Ana spoke loudly, pointing her finger at the other female.

"Actually, he called me to him Ana" she answered, a sly smirk lining her lips as she noticed her reaction.

Jun wanted her there?

Ana huffed in annoyance, walking to the change rooms, ignoring the calls of Jun, Mingyu and Eun-hye.

She slammed the door behind her as she changed into her school uniform.

She didn't think there was anything of importance that he needed to converse with that troll.

-

She skipped the rest of that class, wondering the halls mindlessly. She held the strap of her bag as she turned the corner. She quickly stepped back as she heard a voice quietly talking with another.

"Yeah I'm working on it, give a month would you" the voice spoke.

It seemed that it was a female speaking into a phone, Ana hid behind a locker as she stayed quiet.

"It won't take long, his girlfriend snaps easily, give me two weeks actually" they responded confidently.

She peeked her head out and noticed it was Jieun.

So was she was talking about Jun and herself?

Ana quickly went back into her previous position, wanting to her more of this conversation.

"Look we only need them to break up" The voice on the phone replied. It sounded more manly, deep and hoarse. Almost a male in his forties.

But what could possibly benefit from the split of the two teenagers?

The called quickly ended afterwards, making Ana hide herself even more. She waited for the girl to disappear from her view, before sighing in relief.

The bell rang for the next class, which was her lunch.

-

She was lining up for the cafeteria food, holding her money in one hand as she scanned her eyes over the fattening foods. She decided to get a cookie and a water. She handed her money and thanked the lady as she took her two items.

"Ana, where did you go?" Eun-Hye asked, she looked to be out of breath.

"No where important" she answered bluntly.

Eun-hye rolled her eyes as she took a seat beside her, taking her lunch out from her bag.

" Alright fine, I see I'll have to wait for a more detailed answer" she noted, unwrapping the sandwich she made this morning.

The rest of the guys slowly piled into the table, Jun and Mingyu being the last ones.

Jun sat beside Ana cautiously, taking out his bottle.

''Should I wait to explain? " Jun inquired, making Eun-hye nod.

He nodded as he glanced in Ana's direction, before placing his head on his bag.

He honestly meant no harm when he asked Jieun to speak to him, he straight up asked her to back off, in the nicest way he could without appearing rude. Of course anyone would take it in the wrong way, considering how many times her hand would brush down his arm. He washed that arm in the change room too many times to count.

Ana got up from her spot to throw her trash away, Jun quickly following after her. As she opened the flap to the trash bin, his hand quickly threw the crumpled tissue. He then took hold of her wrist and pulled her out of the lunch room.

They stood in a similar position they did before, when they first met a few days ago.

''Look whatever you saw wasn't what you-" Jun tried to explain.

"Look I'm not upset about that, it's a personal thing" she cut him off, removing her hand from his grip.

Jun sighed as he placed his hand at his side, before reaching out for her shoulder, "I know this whole thing is meant to be fake and all, but it doesn't mean I care for you, you are a friend of my own friends and my friend as well. I'm not expecting you to explain your whole story, but it would be nice that you could confined some secrets with me"

Ana met his eyes as she quickly darted them away, "It's gonna take more than a few days for me to speak up" she told him, but didn't dare smack his hand away from her shoulder.

He managed a small smile as he pressed a kiss to her forehead, "I don't mind waiting, come on, let's head back, before they think you killed me" he said, taking her hand in his.

This guy was a real happy go lucky character, where nothing seems to phase him.

-