The maze [part 12]

[13]

The girl dragged Ricky back to us and chucked him to the floor. I picked him up and he pushed the girl away from him.

"Don't push me bitch" he turned to me "Lets go Grace". We walked in the direction of our group.

"See ya tomorrow prick" The boy shouted at him but he didn't retaliate. I could see the outlines of the group now and I felt safe again. Ricky had started to wonder off to the left so I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the rest of team 3.

"Grace"

"Yes"

"Don't tell Kyle about what I said before"

"No, I won't"

He squeezed my hand and we lay down on the cold, hard and stony floor before drifting off to sleep.

"Gracey, Help me. HELP ME!!!"

"John, I can't get down there. I'll go get help"

"No, stay with me"

"But you'll fall. I'm gonna get help"

"I'm sorry Gracey but I don't think I can hold on anymore. I love you"

"John, don't let go I'm coming down"

"No, stay there"

"John please don't let go, hold on"

"Don't cry Gracey"

"No, I'm coming down"

"No Don't"

"Take my hand"

"I can't reach. Tell mum, dad, Paul, Joe and Graham I love them"

"JOHN TAKE MY HAND"

"I love you Gracey"

"NO!!!"

I woke dripping with sweat and boiling hot. Kyle was running his hand through my hair and Ricky was gazing over me. I sat up and to see most of the group were up and getting ready for the day. The sun was right above us and warming us up. I rubbed my eyes to find out I had been crying.

"Grace, are you ok?" Kyle said.

"Yes I'm fine"

"Who's John" Ricky's face was pale and tired, but his eyes were now clear and fresh.

"What?"

"You were sleep talking, who's John?"

"Oh, he's my brother"

Ricky sat back and I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Don't cry Gracey"

"The games are in half and hour peeps" Arran shouted over the group. I glanced around my surroundings. There was nobody from team 8. There were only rows and rows of hedges.

"Where is team 8?"

"What?" said Kyle.

"I dunno" Ricky stood and glanced over to where we saw them last night then shrugged his shoulders.

"Team 8?" said Kyle confused.

"Yeah, we saw them last night"

"What? They were here?"

"Yep"

"Why?"

"I don't know Kyle" said Ricky in a very annoyed way and he stumbled off towards where the rest of them were getting ready.