𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

Start from the beginning

Elena lined up yet another throw at the dartboard, but just before she could, all of the lights went out in the Grill. The vampires all looked at each other before they hurried outside of the bar and noticed a supernatural wind that blew debris through the air and other objects fell to the ground.

"The power's completely out." Rebekah Mikaelson concluded as she shouted over the horrific winds that blew past them.

"I'll call my Mom— maybe she knows that's going on."

"Yeah. And, I'm gonna call Damon." Evelyn nodded and immediately pulled her cellphone from her pocket.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Bonnie had started the spell to open the door to the Other Side. They included that she would be starting the spell in the middle of the Expression Triangle, which just so happened to be the high school. Evelyn and Elena waited just outside as Damon and Stefan pulled into the parking lot.

The younger Salvatore jumped out of the car first and walked toward the girls with a look of confusion. "Where's Caroline?"

"Inside looking for Bonnie." Elena vaguely explained before she crossed her arms over her chest. "I think we should split up."

"Yeah. Damon and I will take outside. While Stefan and Caroline check inside." Evelyn shouted over the wind, knowing she'd forgotten Elena on purpose.

"I'll help you two," Elena called out as she ran a short distance to catch up with Damon and Evelyn, who had already set off around the perimeter of the school.

"Someone's an eager beaver." Damon turned his head to the doppelganger who just stopped in front of him and Evelyn with a pointed look on her face.

"Where's Katherine?" Elena asked in a determined tone.

"Now I get it." Damon chuckled in shook his head in utter disbelief. "The one brother shoots you down, you ask the other one. Great."

"Are you kidding me right now, you psychotic maniac." Evelyn spat in Elena's direction as the doppelganger carelessly rolled her eyes. "You do realize that there is literally bigger thing's going on right now, like— I don't know— everyone on the Other Side coming back to potentially kill us."

"Tell me that you don't want her dead. After everything that she's done to you both." Elena began to defend her cause but the two vampires didn't budge.

"Elena, we don't need a list of all the reasons to hate Katherine."

"Damon's right, what we need to do is find Bonnie. Come on." Damon and Evelyn attempted to push past Elena and continue the search, but the doppelganger blocked them.

"I don't care about Bonnie." Elena gritted her teeth with a look of vengeance in her eyes. "I care about killing Katherine."

"They're together," Damon revealed as he watched Elena's eyes widen. "So, maybe you should do a little less threatening and a little more looking." Damon shrugged, grabbed Evelyn's hand, and pushed past her.

Evelyn felt her phone vibrate in her pocket as Damon pushed the double doors open to the school. "Stefan, did you find her?"

"No. But, I think we've been looking at the wrong elevation— she's in the tunnels below the school." Stefan concluded as she watched Damon nod. "I just don't know how to get there."

"If I remember correctly, I think there's an entrance in the basement." Damon hummed toward Evelyn's phone.

"Well, where's the basement?"