My Husband Is Gay <8>

Start from the beginning

"Lunch right? I meet you there then. See you later Mom." I rush my words out not wanting to speak more afraid there be more words come out without my realization.

Once I hung up my phone, I keep busy myself doing my work until lunch come. I don't want to keep thinking about Mom cheerful voice or her smile too much. Deep inside, I'm afraid. I'm afraid if soon it will lose and it might lose forever.

"When someone from Ryder Corporation is here, call me, I'll be here right as soon as I can. I'll be a few blocks away to meet my Mom." I tell Paige, my assistant.

On my way there, even how much I try to get the image of Julia out of my head, it fails. Her face will always come back hunting me, no matter what I try to do. This always happens when I'm not really busy and that's why I always do my work, to keep myself busy and to make Julia face away from me.

When I reach the cafe my mom suggested, she already there. By the look on her face I guess she must here for at least thirty minutes already. But even she here for thirty minutes or maybe more, her face can't hide how cheerful she is today.

"How are you doing son?" Mom asked me once I already sit down on my chair.

"Great, I guess."

"So, have you prepare your wedding yet?" Ask mom with cheerful voice.

Great, just great, the question that I have no idea what the answer is coming out on the wrong time. How the hell am I going to answer this. I don't even prepare anything for this wedding to happen to begin with.

A marriage that I'm sure I will never ever cherish and for sure not want it to last long. I have to tell Julia once we got what we want, the marriage is over. But not this week, I'm not that really want to meet her that soon. I'm not ready yet.

"No, I'm not preparing anything yet. I've been busy lately with work."

There's nothing else I can other than lying to her. I can just say 'I don't care about this wedding actually Mom'. What will she think if I say that, since Julia is my secret girlfriend.

"Well . . . I met Julia and her family yesterday and I ask her if she mind I'm planning everything for both of you and her and . . . she said yes I can. So . . . I wonder if that's ok with you too?" Mom asks. Her eyes shining at the mention of Julia.

What with people showing their interest in Julia. First Grandma, then Mom and not to mention Pete also.

Not changing my gaze from her, I'm nodding. Not nodding because  agree with her kind of nod, but nodding for trying to understand her words and then something ringing in my head. A word from her a moment ago ring in my head.

"I met Julia and her family yesterday."

And then to make thing worse, after her speech from a moment ago finish ringing in my head another speech enters my brain, her speech from last week.

"I want to know a lot about your little secret girlfriend, I want to know when I can meet her, I want to know how long you've been dating her, I want to know about her family, wait a minute, I already know her family."

"I want to know a lot about your little secret girlfriend-"

Oh dear Lord, what if she mentions about me secretly dating Julia there. I'm so fucked up right now. Julia and her family have no idea about this, heck when this happens, I also have no idea. This is all Grandma ideas.

But . . . her reaction is different. If she mentions it when she meet Julia yesterday, she for sure won't be this happy today. Maybe . . . maybe she not mention that to them. If not Julia might already call and ask me about that.

"Great. This is great. I can't wait to plan everything for you and Julia. Both of you just have to sit and relax. I'll do everything." Mom said taking my nod awhile ago as a yes while the truth is that not mean anything at all.

"Oh . . . Okay." Seeing her way to happy right now make my heart in pain to say no.

"Julia is really a beautiful girl. You are so lucky to have her and I really can't wait for both of you to have kids. They sure will be as beautiful as their parent." Again her eye shining.

And here we go again, a question I don't know how to respond. If I open my mouth to speak, I might open my mouth wide and tell her everything. I might tell her I'm gay and doesn't look forward to this wedding and not even want to have any kid at all and then this might be the last time I see Mom. So I only nod at her. Simple gesture but bringing a meaning in them.

She keeps on telling me about her meeting with Julia. Like how nice and sweet her family is. Like how Julia is a great cook. From what she said, yesterday when she went to their house, her's dad, Jacob Mathew gives a week day off to all their maids, so yesterday Julia the one who cook everything for their dinner.

"You are so lucky son, when you get home from work, Julia will cook everything for you. Isn't that great?"

All her rant about Julia and the whole Mathew including Julia cousin who name is Katherine is I not wrong, keep going on and on and on by Mom. That until my phone rang loudly in my pocket.

"Yes Paige, is Ryder Corporation people already there?" I ask my assistant.

"No sir, but you have other guest asking to see you."

"Who want to see me? Is is important person there? If not tell that person to come another time. I'm enjoying my lunch with my mother right now."

The last part totally liar. I am enjoying myself watching her cheerful side but not really enjoying when Julia the one we have been talking, she been talking on and on and on. But I can't say other thing, her face fell when I answer my phone.

"Sh-she said, she is yours . . . umm . . . fiance?" Paige say or more sounds like questioning me.

Fiance? I don't have any fiance. What is she talking a-

"Julia. Is Julia Mathew there?"

The realization of me having a fiance hit me.  Now, I do have a fiance now and her name is Julia.

"Y-yes sir." Paige stutter again. She never stutters before even when I'm in my bad mood. She must have a little shock right now to know me already engaged.

"Tell her to wait. I'll be there in a few minutes." I said then hung up my phone.

What is she doing there? Why she want to see me? Is she thinking of backing out from of this? And why she have to mention to other people she is my fiance?

Look at Mom, she is already grinning from ear to ear, while a minute ago her face fell when Paige calls me. Look like Julia really put an effect on everyone.

"Oh lover boy, she must be missing you right now, so stop that frowning face and smile and go see your fiance." She smile then walks out from here.

Lover boy? I'm not in love with Julia, why she said that. Does my face look like I'm falling in love.

With that, I also walk out of the restaurant to meet Julia to know for what she wants to see me. Even thought I was avoiding her this past few day, this meeting somehow kind of bringing more of her image in the head of my and on my way there I keep wondering why she want to see me . . .

------------------------------------------------------

Warning : This chapter is not edited. If there any other grammar or punctuation or spelling mistake, ignore it. Again I repeat, ignore it.

Anyway to everyone who like this chapter

~VOTE

~COMMENT

~FAN

xoxo HaNi