My Husband Is Gay <4>

~My Husband Is Gay ..4..~

CHRISTOPHER

I couldn't believe that old woman who called herself my grandmother would push me to marry as one of the things I had to do to get her position at the hotel. And not just that, but she mentioned it clearly, like a clear sky, that marrying was only one of the things, which meant there would be more waiting for me before I really got the position.

But at the same time she also said that if I refused to marry Julia then she would never give me the position, she would then immediately give it to her sister's son, her nephew, who was Dad's cousin and most definitely not a Kayden. She just pushed me to do this without giving me any other options, just do it and you'll get the position.

'Marry Julia, huh? It's not over yet, grandma. I, your  only grandson, Christopher Lucas Kayden, will find a way to work this out. Everything will be my way and not yours anymore.'

As soon as I reached my house after the shock meeting with Grandma, I went straight to find clues on why I had to marry Julia Mathew, and whether or not that bratty little girl agreed to do this or Grandma just did something. Well, knowing Nicole Kayden, my grandmother, I believed she must have done something.

Turns out the something she did was something I didn't know she was capable of. She'd played a little trick on Jacob Mathew, and as a result, he lost everything to her including the three galleries owned by him and his wife, Abigail. If I put two and two together, I would get that she might have made a deal with Jacob: marriage for his properties back. That must have been what she'd done.

But why Julia? Why the Mathew of all people? Why that little brat who knew nothing other than shopping? That was something I couldn't find out.

So the day after the shock meeting, at around four o'clock, I went to the hotel to find his grandma, to give her my answer. I didn't go to work after our meeting that day, instead I went back home to search for info. Grandma wasn't at the hotel, so instead of going to her house I only called her to give her the answer. I was agreeing to her proposition. Even though we only spoke on the phone, I could hear how ecstatic Grandma was by the way her voice changed. But why was she so ecstatic just because I agreed to marry Julia?

So now, two days after the shock meeting and one day after I agreed to wed Julia, on my way back to Grandma's house for lunch, I was to meet my future wife for dinner. I needed to get everything on the way so that when I meet with her she would be on my side. I wasn't meeting her to get to know her more, I didn't even like her. I was gay and always would be gay.

Pete . . . After the shock meeting with grandma, I'd been ignoring him. When he got back from work that day he asked me why Grandma wanted to meet me and why I didn't show up for work after that, and my only answer was "Nothing seriousjust about business and expanding the hotel."

He didn't ask anything after that. He didn't even ask why I showed up at four o'clock the next day and  once again didn't show up for work today. I knew he knew something wasn't right, and I knew why he didn't ask, sooner or later he would know everything. He was my life, my air, and I couldn't keep anything away from him forever.

But that wasn't the question. The real question was, how was I going to tell him. I couldn't just go and say, "Hey, Pete, I'm getting married in a few weeks but you don't have to worry because we will still be together. I'll just marry the girl for the title" That wasn't the right way to tell him to get him to agree to this. I mean, I was his boyfriend and he wouldn't want to see his boyfriend is getting married. And to a girl, don't forget that.