Chapter 12 | Can We Fix This?

Tweek's POV:

I spent the rest of my morning being comforted by Clyde and Token. I always joke about them being my parents, but they would be really good ones. They were always there when I needed them, even if I was overreacting over something.

     After being well taken care of, I went to my first period class. I wasn't excited to see Craig there, but he looked equally the same. I couldn't see much of his face when I walked in, he's probably avoiding me now. But from what I could see, it looked like he had been crying.

Craig's POV:

After my encounter with Tweek, I ended up going to Kenny. I had no one else to go to, and Kenny was the one that told me to confess to Tweek. After explaining to him how Tweek rejected me, he took me somewhere quite to talk.

After I calmed down I went to class, still looking like a mess. Seeing Tweek walk in shortly after hurt me. Seeing the person you love after knowing they don't love you is a horrible feeling.

Looking at him made me want to smile, filling my stomach with butterflies. But before I can smile, I'm swallowed by sadness. Our encounter this morning replaying over and over, my heart hurting from rejection. It was like I was punched so hard in the gut that I couldn't breathe. I could feel the tears fill my eyes.

I had to be strong, I had to pretend to be strong. I took deep breaths and didn't let my tears fall. I can't get too depressed about all this. It would be dumb to obsess over this, maybe it wasn't love after all.

     The more I think about it, the more it made sense. How does this soulmate thing work? I get the basics, but who chooses our soulmate? Can there ever be mistakes? If me and Tweek were a mistake, then who is my soulmate? There isn't really a rule book for this. Can I be with someone who's not my soulmate? Who am I kidding? I love Tweek.

My thoughts were interrupted by a paper plane landing on my desk. Confused, I looked around for the culprit, but everyone seemed to look relaxed. Opening the paper, it was a short note stating 'Sorry about earlier. We can talk about it at work today if you want.' I knew this was from Tweek, so I looked over at him. He was staring at me, half smiling as he gave an apologetic wave.

I waved back half-heartedly and put my head down. What is this? Is this a second chance? Or is this just his pity and he wants to reject me again nicely? If this was bait, I'm blindly taking it. The heartbreak ahead is a clear path, but I must be stupid for believing it's leading to the cloud of hope.

-Time Skip-

It was finally the end of the school day. I've waited for so long, but at the same time I wish it hadn't ended so soon. Was I ready to face Tweek again? Even if I'm not ready, I can't just leave him waiting.

     I made my way over to Harbucks, going in through the back entrance. To my surprise Tweek was already there, except he was shirtless. I felt my face turn red, I told myself to look away but I just couldn't. He was about to put on his employee shirt, but I was secretly admiring his back. He might not be muscular, but he was certainly still in shape.

I awkwardly coughed to catch his attention, and he turned slowly. He screeched when he saw me, and he quickly began to blush. Pulling on his shirt, he started to pick up his apron.

"C-Craig I didn't expect to see you here this early, I'm glad you came though." He said tying his apron nervously.

     "Yeah well I thought getting here early would give us more time to talk." I said awkwardly. After a few seconds of silence, I turned to put on my apron. I was still afraid of facing Tweek, he did break my heart this morning.

     As I was turned away Tweek spoke up, "Craig I'm sorry about this morning. I reacted pretty badly, and I know I caused you pain. I wasn't thinking rationally, I needed to think it out." I turned around and stared at him, urging him to go on.

     "I guess you could say I was stupid, I mean I didn't consider that you actually loved me. I just jumped to conclusions and accused you of lying, so I'm sorry Craig." He said now looking down. I walked over and hesitantly hugged him, and he hugged back.

     "It's ok Tweek, I can't blame you. I did just lay my feelings on you all at once, I guess I was just excited to tell you. It's ok if you don't feel the same way." I said sadly. I didn't want to cry again, but saying that just got me emotional again. What ever happened to my tough guy attitude?

     Tweek pulled away from the hug and looked up at me, "That's the thing. I also wasn't thinking when I told you that I didn't love you. I was afraid to admit it because it meant that I fell for the person I thought was my enemy. I thought about it, and I can't deny that when we kissed I felt a spark too. I love you Craig Tucker."

     There comes a time in every guys life that makes them glad they exist. I think that moment for me was now. It's like the great soulmate gods blessed me with this change of events. They even sent me the best angel out there, Tweek.

"I love you too Tweek, and I mean it! I'll admit that it hurt me a lot knowing you rejected me at first. But it's totally fine, I'm just glad you love me too. I'm just so happy right now. Why am I even still talking about this? Who am I kidding, I'm living in this moment and I've never felt so ali-" My rambling was cut off by Tweek's lips on mine.

I kissed him back, but as quickly as it started it ended. He looked back at me smiling sweetly.

"That's one way to shut you up, now come on. We still have work to do." He said pulling me out of the employee's room. I couldn't help but smile as I took customers orders for the rest of the day. Today was the best day ever.

((A/N- YES I KNOW I ABANDONED THIS BOOK. YES I KNOW I'M THE WORST! I'm so sorry, THIS time I PROMISE to update more. This book only has a few more chapters until it's done. Plus I'll probably only write one more side chapter, so that you can enjoy the main story. I'll try updating weekly, and if not I'll do it as soon as possible. I'm going to start a new book soon, so if you want a description for it comment 'cheese' thanks for reading!