You Attempt to Stop Him From Seeing Your Report Card (Luke)

Luke (16)

     You were currently running down the street to your house. Report cards were being sent out today, and you were failing Algebra and probably PE judging by how exhausted you were from the short run. You were almost there, and you could see your brother walking up to the doorstep with the mail in his hands. You used the last bit of energy you had to sprint towards him.

     "INTERCEPTION!!" You screamed out as a battle-cry as you barreled into your brother and ripped the letter he was looking at out of his hands.

     "Y/N!!" Luke whined when he realized it was you. "I was reading that! That's the water bill!"

     "THE WATER BILL?!?!" You panicked. You tossed the letter behind you and launched yourself at him again.

     "Y/N, calm down!" He exclaimed, holding you back with his arm. "What's gotten into you?" He looked you over, just now realizing you were out of breath. "Did you run the entire way here?" He asked.

     "Yes!" You replied exasperated. "Now let me see the mail!"

    "I will just give me a second." He said, going back to flipping through the stack of letters.

     "NO!!" You screamed. You launched yourself at him trying to tear the letters from his hands, but being at least a whole foot taller than you, he lifted the mail above his head, way out of your reach.

     "Y/N, you need to calm down now." He said sternly.

     You immediately crossed your arms behind your back feigning innocence. "Luke, the best older brother in the whole entire world, may I please see the mail?"

     "Sure, is there a reason why?" He smiled as he handed it over to you.

     "No..." You lied, quickly flipping through the pile. There wasn't a letter from your school, strange. Had they not sent them out like they said they would? You began to flip through the mail again in case you had missed it.

     "Looking for anything in particular?" Your brother asked, looking over your shoulder.

     "No, why?" You replied.

     "So you're telling me that you didn't run all the way from school, nearly knock me over, and try to grab the mail straight out of my hands to stop me from seeing this?" He asked.

     You turned to see him holding a letter from your school in his hand and eyebrow raised at you questioningly. The sneaky devil had taken it out of the stack before you could see it.

     "Give me that!!" You screeched, jumping up high as you could trying to steal it from him.

     "No need." He said. He ripped the letter in half, handing the pieces to you. "I already opened it and saw you're failing Algebra and just barely passing Physical Education. Just please promise me you'll try harder."

     "I will Luke, I swear." You said, raising your right hand. "I would be passing Algebra if Mr. Newton had put the grades in for everything I turned in before finalizing the grade for this quarter."

     "What about P.E.?" Luke asked, ushering you inside as he followed, locking the front door behind him.

     "I suck at sports so..."

     "Can you at least pull your grade up to a C?" He asked.

     "I suppose." You sighed.

     "Good." He smiled, patting your head affectionately. "Congrats on getting an A in English. I definitely didn't expect that." He laughed.

     "Thanks." You smiled proudly as he walked away. "Hey, wait... What's that supposed to mean?"

AN: THANKS FOR READING!! Make sure to comment and vote!!