Chapter twenty-three

Start from the beginning

Natsu: "I'm going to go talk to Gray and hurry him up. That way we can end all of this."

Lucy: "..."

And with that he simply got up from his seat, leaving his food intact and leaving me alone as he jumped out of my open window. Face palming myself I felt all the stress come back to me.

Maybe it was best if we just end it here and now but...why did it hurt? Why did the thought of that hurt me so badly inside?

- 1 month later -

Erza: "Lucy there's someone here for you."

Lucy: "Whoever it is just tell him or her that I'm busy."

I reply to Erza while writing down some information on important documents. Taking notes about every single detail, making sure I wouldn't leave anything out. Focused on my work I couldn't stop and talk. I needed to finish.

Sting: "You don't look busy to me."

Lucy: "Sting?"

I call his name with curiosity clearly in my tone. Glancing up from my work my eyes fall on a smirking blonde dragon slayer.

Sting: "Mhm."

Lucy: "Hey!"

Surprised I jump up from my seat and latch my arms around him. He picks me up and twirls me around with his strong arms.

Sting: "So how's my favorite blonde doing?"

Lucy: "Sleepy, between jobs here and photo shoots  I've been quite tired lately."

I answer his question as he slowly stops twirling. Holding me up I stare down at his handsome features with a grin on my lips. Lowering me down he gently places a kiss on my cheek before setting me down.

Sting: "I see."

Lucy: "And how's my favorite blonde doing?"

Sting: "Oh you know just trying to get this amazing girl to finally become his girlfriend."

Lucy: "When do you think you'll give up?"

Sting: "When you stop being beautiful."

Lucy: "You're so cheesy."

Sting: "Thank you, thank you."

He says while bowing continuously. A giggle escapes my lips as I roll my eyes in a playful way at him.

Sting: "Do you have any plans tonight?"

Lucy: "Yeah, I have a date."

Sting: "With who??"

Sting asked in a confused tone. Obviously jealous about my comment.

Lucy: "My favorite blonde."

Sting: "How'd you know I'd ask you out on a date?"

Sting calmed down his once tensed figure and let out a deep breath.

Lucy: "I expected nothing less from you."