45. Meant to be (3/5)

Beginne am Anfang

"It's beautiful isn't?" Luna said standing beside you, looking at the painting as well.

You nodded, "Yeah it is." You couldn't take your eyes away from it until the door opened. You and Luna turned around and saw the secretary. You admit she is a little bit scary in person as the atmosphere change quickly once her presence came. You and Luna walked inside to her office as the both of you sat down on the couch.

You were getting nervous by the minute. Luna holds your hand for comfort, "Don't be nervous ok." she said trying to calm you down.

You sighed and nodded when Camelia sat down across from you two. Her stares sent down chills to your spine which its uncomfortable for you. You cleared your throat as you looked professional towards the secretary.

"If worse comes to worst, you can threaten to throw the trident into the sea then they will listen," Camelia said as you and Luna didn't say a word. "In the meantime, it will be well guarded. Better than the Oracle herself." she looked at Luna giving her eye contact from her words.

"Understood... I shall reclaim it at the altar." Luna said with such confident.

"Remember you two will be under imperial watch," Camelia mentioned and you mentally sighed, you hoped that Niflehiem wouldn't be our biggest problem.

"Right." you said looking at the floor not making a direct eye contact to Camelia.

"Think of it as a necessary evil. In order to forge the covenant," The secretary waved her hand a bit as Luna bowed her head. "We are in your debt," Luna said as you also bowed for appreciating the help from Camelia. You and Luna slightly looked at each other and knew what was coming.

Camelia crosses her arms, "Once it's over, you two may go as you please. But you do so without our protection."

'Well, that's a stupid idea?' You thought as you were getting a bit upset with Camelia right now.

Luna sighed quietly, "So be it."

Camelia stayed silent until she stood up from her seat, "You two better get going." She turned around and walked towards the door without looking at you two, "Your public is waiting for you."

You sighed as you rubbed your forehead knowing how difficult this is now. Luna held your hand as the two of you stayed quiet, you knew this was hard on her trying to give hope to everyone. But at this point, you don't think hope is good enough to save everyone in Altissia.

After a few seconds of silence, the door suddenly burst open by soldiers that worked with Niflhiem. You mentally sighed as they pointed their guns towards you and Luna. You two didn't react anything since you both knew this would happen. You took a glimpse to Luna when she gave you a nod as she stood up from her seat. You did the same as well as the both of you pushed the guns away from your face and started to walk outside where all the people are waiting.

*Noctis POV*

"Noct, you in position?" Prompto said through my phone.

"Yep," I replied.

"Don't forget the plan," I heard Gladio spoken.

"You guys, too," I replied again.

"Of course," Ignis said as I hung up the phone and put it back in my pocket. I started to walk through the crowd which was full of people of Altissia. I couldn't believe it that so many people are here just to see Luna.

"Talk about a crowd... Like the whole city's came to watch," I said to myself as I walked through some people but carefully not to push them roughly. Just when I was half way through the crowd, the people cheered as I saw Luna and (Y/N) coming from the building. My heart was beating when I saw (Y/N) looking stunning as ever. Then I saw Luna for the first time in 12 years. She has changed a lot these past years of not seeing each other. I'm glad that she is safe and doing well for herself. But I notice that sad expression on both of their faces which worry me, especially (Y/N).