26. Mother's Acceptance

You were excited, nervous, but mostly scared at the same time. The time has finally come for Noctis to meet your family. For the past week, your parents had been pestering you to bring him over to meet them.

"Noctis there's no way to run...We're already here." Even though you wanted to run away as much as Noctis, you knew you had to introduce your royalty boyfriend to your parents sooner or later. Dragging Noctis up to your door, you paused as he adjusted his tie. It was rare to see Noctis dressed very formally so you couldn't help but blush at how handsome he looked in a suit.

"I hope your parents accept me..." Noctis sighed and you knew the 'act cool' Noctis was actually feeling nervous a bit.

"..Even if they won't...I'll still continue to love you...and meet you in secret or even try to persuade them until the end..." You blushed easing Noctis's tension. Noctis smiled and gently pulled you into a quick kiss, your lips was an inch away from his and about to connect when all of a sudden the front door burst open.

"(Y/N)-chan!" Your mother cheerfully said, drawing you into a tight hug causing you to feel your bone being crushed. Your mother soon let go of you as she turn to her attiention to your boyfriend,

"Ah~You must be Prince Noctis~" Your mother bowed for respect towards the prince of Lucis.

"Please just call me Noctis, no need to be formal," he replied as your mother nodded with a smile. She smirked eyeing him up and down. Both you and Noctis stood awkwardly until your mother grinned in approval. Both of you let out a sigh of relief as she allowed him into your house.

"Why didn't you tell me your boyfriend who is a prince was hot!" Your mother whispered as she nudged you repeatedly. You smiled happy to hear your mother liked Noctis but it was annoying how she continued to gush over how handsome he was.

"Oh my Noctis, your very cute! Perfect for my little (Y/N)~" Your mom gushed, bringing him into a tight hug. You blushed a bright shade of red.

"Mom!" You whined, and pushed them both apart.

"Awh~ Is my daughter jealous?" Your mom laughed and you could see Noctis faintly chuckling but he soon fell silent when you glared at him.

Eventually, after much persuation, your mother skipped off to the kitchen to get something to drink, and you exhaled deeply as you both finally had time alone. Noctis smirked, sliding up next to you.

"Are you okay?" Noctis asked and you nodded before you leaned your head against his shoulder.

"She just drains out my energy a lot..." You sighed and Noctis made a noise of affirmation, running his fingers through your hair. It only took a few minutes for you to regain your energy. Pressing a light kiss to your cheek, Noctis smiled gently.

"I actually thinks she's entertaining," Noctis chuckled and nodded but then from the doorway, your mother coughed quietly. She had a camera in her hands.

"Awwwwww~" She cooed, skipping to sit in front of you two.

"Smillee, darling~" Before you could stop your mom, she took a photo. But then she suddenly got a bright idea, and told you both to stay put, not that you could go anywhere anyway.

"She's just like a storm..." You sweat dropped as you watched your mom rushing up the stairs.

"She's just like you," he smiled.

"Huh! How?" You frowned but then your mother returned with a folder in her hands. Sitting herself next to Noctis, she began flicking through it, showing him various pictures. It was your baby photos.

"NOOOO!!! MOOOM, PUT IT AWAY NOW!!!" You screamed as you blushed and struggling to take away the photo album but it was futile with Noctis pushing you back.

"Nah ah (Y/N). I want to see," Noctis smirked.

"N-nooo, please n-no!" You stuttered feeling embarressed but Noctis continued to flick through the pages looking at every pictures amusingly.

"Before and now, your just so cute," Noctis chuckled and you felt even more flustered than before.

"Mmm...Thanks.. but your flattery won't get to me!" As soon as you saw an opening you closed the book and snatched it away.

"That's cheating!" Noctis pouted as he tried to steal it back, but your foot slipped and you both ended up on the ground, on top of each other.

"N-n-noct--" You couldn't finish your sentence as your mother spoke over you.

"KYAA~ MY NEW OTP!!" Your mum squealed as she gave Noctis a slap on the back.

"Since when did you what OTP means?!" you ask as you were so confused knowing that your mother is being a fangirl.

Your mother laughed, "Sweetheart you keep on showing me these anime couples and yell 'MY OTP' as you squealed." You hated how she is right, can you blame yourself for being a little excited for an OTP to happen in anime or in games.

"I really want to leave and let you both continue but unfortunately you have to meet you father now, (Y/N)" Your mother winked and skipped off before you.

"...Well I think my mom likes you better than she likes me..." you sweat dropped as you got yourself back up along with Noctis.

"I hope it will be the same with your dad," he whispered but then he grabbed your chinmaking you turn towards him. He swiftly have you a gentle kiss and you looked at him dumbfounded.

"We couldn't do it before," he smirked.

"...Why...youu..." You blushed while you took his hand, leading him to the living room, where your father was bound to be.

"Well. that's one down. Two more to go," Noctis spoke and just as you both entered the living room, you felt a dark and gloomy aura around your father making Noctis shivered. Your father was sat in his armchair, reading the daily newspaper.

"Uh...hey dad..."

(A/N)- Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers!!!