18. Sacrifice (3/5)

15 days until the wedding

"Noctis I want you to be safe on this trip to Altissia for your wedding," king Regis said to his son. Noctis bowed to his father respectfully but deep down he's really not in the best mood, "Thank you, your majesty."
Regis sighed, he knew these last couple weeks has been hard for his son since the separation.

"Now son please lighten up I know things had been tough these pass few weeks but have some fun on your journey," Regis tried to lighten up his son's heart. Noctis stayed quiet for a bit but eventually spoke, "Right." Noctis turned around and he walked away in silence as he headed straight to the front doors. Gladio, Prompto, and Ignis bowed to the king panicky and rushed to Noctis side. Regis stared at them as he tried to say something but no words are coming out from his mouth.

Noctis and his 3 buddies casually walked down to the car. When he heard someone calling him from behind.

"Hey, Noct!" Noctis turned around and saw his father and Drautos. His father was a bit struggling to come down the staircase and made Noctis worried.

"Now what?" he murmured and rushed to his father side to help him but Regis didn't let him when he wanted to do it himself.

(A/N) This little scene is the first part in the game but I'm gonna make it a little different 

"You placed a great burden on those who bear with you," Regis spoke with his son as his steps hobbled while he tried to support himself with his walking stick.

Noctis scoffed to his father saying, "You're one to talk." Regis chuckled lightly to his son's response as he let it pass without any lecture. Today, Noctis is on his way to Altissia to see his fiance, Lunafreya.

"I ask not that you guide my wayward son," Regis said as he glanced at Noctis with grim expression. "Merely... that you remain at his side." The king said to his son's three friends who stood in front of them.

Ignis was the first to bow down to the King and responded, "Indeed your Grace."

Then Gladio spoke to the King, "We'll see the Prince to Altissia if it's the last thing we see."

"Yeah!" Prompto nodded in the agreement in a panicky way. Regis smiled to their responses and nodded for their appreciation of taking care his son. He always knew he could count on them since the four of them been together from the first and Regis is really grateful that his son is not alone.

Noctis pouted and groaned while he rolled his eyes at his father's saying. He's a young adult now, in his early twenties, there was no need for his father to worry about him. Noctis is pretty sure to himself that he can take care of himself. Noctis huffed, I'm not wayward dad.

"Dad...have you heard anything from (Y/N)?" Noctis asked when he felt his heart began to ache. Regis stayed silent and shake his head lightly. Noctis sighed and nodded his head as he turned away from his father but he was stopped when Regis grabbed his arm.

"I'm sure she's doing well," Regis suggested as he placed his hand on his shoulder. Noctis looked down to the floor not making eye contact to his dad.

"Know that once you set forth, there is no turning back." Noctis looked up to meet his fathers eyes as he made a hurt expression on his face. "I know..." Noctis said quietly, despite on what his father said, even though they were painful they're also true.

"You know, I'm proud of you son and no matter what you choose in the future, I will respect it." Noctis eyes widened taking a few seconds to realize what his father just said and for some reason, it made him smile.

Thanks dad...I'll see you soon alright... love you," Noctis said with a gentle smile. Regis smiled back and nodded as the four young adults went to the car and started to drive away. Once they left, Regis smile faded knowing that he might not see his son anymore.