13. Nightmare

You snapped open your eyes in horror. You gulped as you hold your hand to your chest, trying to get to control your breathing. You didn't notice a single tear rolled down your cheek.

You had a nightmare again, recently you've been having them... the dream about losing Noctis. With a steady breath, you dragged yourself from bed and rubbed your eyes. You lazily walked to the bathroom and splashed your face with cold water as you stared at your reflection in the mirror.

"I look horrible..." you mumbled to yourself, running a hand through your hair. You didn't have a clue what time it was but at the same time you didn't care. But if you had to guess, it was probably around 2 in the morning.

You yawned and wandered back to your room and instantly dropped yourself onto the bed, covering your eyes with your arm. "I don't want to have that dream again..." you muttered miserably to yourself. It was scary...just the thought of losing Noctis made your face go pale and start trembling...

It took all of your willpower to suppress yourself to call Noctis. You knew he would not hear his phone since he is such a heavy sleeper. You were tired and you knew if you closed your and seep, you would have the dream again and you were too nervous to close your eyes.

"Come on, (Y/N)... you're not a baby anymore..." Convincing yourself, you closed your eyes, and tried to doze off to a peaceful sleep again. But ten minutes later, your eyes snapped open once again and you were in a state of mild panic.

That was the last straw. You rolled over and snagged your phone from the nightstand, typing in Noctis's number with trembling fingers. You pressed the phone to your ear, trying your hardest to keep yourself calm.

'Please Noct answer...I need to hear your voice...p-please...'

Just then you heard a groggy noise that shocked you, "Mmm...What is it, (Y/N)?" You were out of words to respond.

"O-Oh! Noct...uhm, hey, I'm sorry to waken you up so late," You stammered stupidly. Great, you had called Noctis and you didn't know what to say.

Silence settled over the phone for a minute before Noctis spoke again. "Your having those nightmare again?" He said worriedly, his annoyance from being woken up so early, disappeared completely.

"Yes," you mumbled and before you sink down lower into your covers, phone still up to your ear, waiting to hear Noctis's response.

"I'll be right over. Don't move from your bed, okay?"

You were dumbfounded, but before you could stop him, he hung up the phone. Luckily your parents are out of town for a week and you were capable on looking out for yourself but on this situation, you weren't. About 20 minutes later, the door to your room creaked open, causing you to jump, clutching your blankets to your chest as you hesitantly asked, "Noct, is that you?"

"Who else would it be, dummy?" he replied casually, wiggling off his jacket and setting it on your bean bang chair before wandering over to where you were laying in bed, taking a seat next yo you. "You know, I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere."

You sighed, "I know..." you mumbled, unable to look Noctis in the eyes, even though it was pitch black in your room.

"Move over."

"Huh?" you glanced up at Noctis, with a confused look plastered on your face.

"I said move over," he repeated flatly.

Slowly, you did a you were told, blinking as you felt Noctis slip under your covers next to you, wrapping his arms around your waist. "I'll..." Noctis started, glancing away, as his cheeks flushed, "I'll just have to chase your nightmares away..."

"A small smile made its way onto your face and you snuggled next to your loving boyfriend, gripping his hand tightly. "I guess you will..." you murmured sleepily. He smiled and kissed you on the lips.

"Sleep well, my princess" Noctis whispered.

"Mmm...you too, my prince." You smiled.

You had never slept so well in your life. Now that you have Noctis in your life.