epilogue

it's been months since josh left. it's warm out and people are planning for the months ahead, it's late spring i believe. i've lost track of the days. i haven't texted josh in a little bit, my phone says 3 days ago but it feels like forever. my mom tries to get me go back to my therapist, but i can't stand the thought of going back.

earlier i found out the treehouse was nothing but ashes blown around, i don't know what else i was expecting. i set it on fire and left it there. everyone still talks about josh and asks if we're still together. we are and the whole situation hurts, but he's the only one i want.

ashley said he's planning to come visit for a long time, 'his mom is coming with josh for a week to visit family and josh is staying an extra month or so. that's what he's planning at least.'

but it's not happening. nothing ever goes the way you wish for it to, as much as you want it to.

i kick pebbles on my way home from school, tripping over cracks in the sidewalk and the blazing sun causing me to break a sweat. i let out a sigh, looking at josh's house, his old house. the paint isn't white and chipped, it's instead a nice shade of dark brown and the windows are fixed and there's a new front door with flower pots next to it. it makes me sick.

as i walk in front of my house i see someone who i never thought i'd see again. he has a pink shirt that clings tightly to his body and his signature ripped black jeans. he grins from ear to ear when his dark eyes meet mine.

i run up the driveway and tackle him, wrapping my arms around him and placing kisses all over him as he laughs.

"josh!" i shout. i pull away, panting. i stare at him, taking in the moment.

"you're here. you're really-"

"i told you i'd come visit."

he kisses me passionately on the lips and tears threaten to escape my eyes. he pulls away, looking at me for a few moments.

"i missed you, baby." he whispers. i break down, happy tears falling down my face and i wrap my arms around him.

"i love you so much. so so so much. you came back you really came back, oh my god." i sob. he runs his fingers through my hair and down my back.

"i promised you didn't i?"

i nod.

"i love you ty."

|-/

"i thought ashley told you i was coming back?"

"i didn't believe her."

"why is that?"

"because she was smoking a blunt everytime she told me."

josh laughs.

"it was supposed to be a surprise." he explains.

"you surely surprised me."

hope you guys enjoyed, i had a lot of fun writing this!! i have other stories (a lot actually whoops and more to come sorry not sorry) so i do hope you enjoy those if you're interested! again, thanks sososo much for everyone who stuck with me this whole story it really means a lot. much love.