urls from unknown numbers.

as i walk into school, all eyes are fixated on me. murmurs are heard all around me, little comments i can barely make out to understand what people are saying, and the question always being asked around me, "really? him?!" i take in a sharp breath, and walk to my locker.

my phone starts vibrating and i get a notification from a random number. it's just a link, and i'm curious to know what it is, but i'm scared to click it. i recognize the url, it says youtube in it, so i decide to click it.

"josh! josh! you're turn!" the camera is shaky, it makes me dizzy. i notice someone with bright red hair, and a dark shirt that has the word "RANCID" scribbled on it.

"truth or dare?"

"truth."

"if you could date anyone, who would it be?"

"what the fuck, patrick, are you a gay 12 year old?"

"brendon, shut the fuck up, you're such a dick. anyways, josh, answer the question."

"well you know that tyler joseph kid?"

"yeah. he sits next to me in math. why, do you like his sister or something?"

"no, actually, i think he's fucking perfect."

"see, brendon, who's the gay one now?"

"shut the fuck up, patrick."

and the video ends there. i stand there in shock, blinking at my bland locker with textbooks and folders neatly organized on a cheap shelf i bought from target, only because it was on clearance.

|-/

"tyler." i hear a deep voice call behind me. i turn around and expect someone i never thought would even want to say my name out loud. i instantly think of the video, and start to panic. is he going to beat me up, to prove that was he said he didn't mean?

and the thought of him not meaning what he said in the video, even though it shouldn't, makes my chest sting and my stomach feel like someone punched me there.

josh walks closer to me, and stops once a few feet of distance is between us. "i take it, you've uh-seen the video?" he asks me. i just nod, looking at the cracks in the sidewalk on the outside of the school.

"i'm sorry. i shouldn't of said that, and i just wanted to apologize for being such a terrible person the past few years. i finally realized that um, i shouldn't of done that and i really regret it now." he says, awkwardly. and although he's awkward about it, i have a feeling, deep down, that he means it.

"it's okay." i mumble.

"are you sure?" he asks, doubtful i forgave him so easily. i simply nod.

"thank you."

"i missed you, josh." i whisper, my voice cracking.

"i know,

i missed you too."