chapped lips.

A/N: i dont think my gifs are working since im on my phone im sorry

"you're too forgiving." he mumbled, his lips brushing over mine as he spoke.

"i'll take the risk." i smiled. he had his hand locked with mine. a cool breeze flew into his treehouse and made me shiver. he saw this, let go of my hand, and wrapped his arms around me. i rested my head in the crook of his neck and closed my eyes, letting out a sigh.

"josh?" i ask, my teeth chattering. he hums in response, running his fingers down my back. i let out a sigh and run my fingers through his hair. "can we go somewhere where it's warm? i'm freezing."

"of course, come on."

he grabs my hand and warms each one up, and then leads me out of the treehouse. we walk out of the forest hand in hand and walk into his house through the back door. i look around, i haven't stepped foot into his house in years.

he leads me up to his bedroom, and closes the door behind us, locking it. i look around, his room is completely different from how i remember it. his blue walls are now painted a dark grey, and instead of pictures of him and his friends all over his walls, band posters are all i see. his small bed that used to have race car covers, now has dark blue covers on top. he has a large drum set in the corner of his room that takes up a majority of the room. he has a dresser opposite his bed and a tv sits on top of it. a red bean bag is in the middle of the room, and he jumps onto it.

i sit next to him on the floor, legs crossed, and grab his hand. he talks about his drums and how he learned, but i'm lost in thought. i think about why he wanted to be my friend again, why he all of a sudden confessed his attraction.

the whole situation confuses me, how a boy with a vibrant personality and a huge reputation, would want to be close again with a boy he left. a boy with a boring life and sad eyes, boring brown hair and dry hands with bruised knuckles.

but nevertheless, i'm grateful he's back in my life. and i'm determined to never let him leave. not again.

|-/

i run my hands through his hair, the vibrant red is now fading to a dull pink. he watches the tv, putting all his attention towards it. he subconsciously plays with the gauge in one of his ears. he feels my eyes on him, and looks at me, a smile appearing on his face.

"whatcha thinking about?" he asks. i shrug. i curl a strand of his hair around my finger and let go.

"you."

"good or bad?"

"why did you come back?"

he's silent for a minute. he bites his lip and rest his forehead against mine, closing his eyes.

"because i never should have left." he whispers. i wrap my arms around his neck and hold him close to me. i let out a content sigh. i think of all the nights where i was alone, and how much i missed josh and just being able to sit next to him in silence and automatically feel better.

even though he's a piece of shit, i love him.

fuck i love him so much. i missed him so much.

he kisses my chapped lips, and i'm taken out of my thoughts and a smile appears on my face.

A/N: i'm sorry this is so short i just hadn't updated this fic in a little while and i have no idea what to do with fic so bear with me!!