He snapped a few more pictures. "Both, I guess. I take pictures for book cover and stuff but I also do some art."

"Art? So you're an artist too?" Amber looked up to see him settling onto the dry ground.

He was adjusting his camera. She noticed how he stuck his tongue out in concentration.

He shrugged. "When I feel like it. Arts my job, photography's my hobby and part time job."

Amber nodded and silently started painting again. He didn't look like an artist. He looked like the average guy. The type that likes to read and prefers a quiet night. Amber on the other hand, looked perfectly like an artist. Her long, vivid red hair was tied back in a loose ponytail, she was skinny and rather short, she had incredibly pale skin and full, red lips. She wore eccentric clothes; orange tie-dye t-shirt with some white skinny jeans and bright orange shoes. She had paint smudged all over the place but most of it covered her arms.

"Nice top, you do it yourself?" The man looked up at her curiously.

"Yeah, it used to be white." Amber answered without looking up.

"That's cool. My girlfriend does a lot of her tops too. I guess you could call her an artist too." He mused.

Amber finished painting the dark areas of the painting. She had painted all of the shadows under branches. Now, she'd start on the ground and work her way up.

"Mind if I have a look?" He asked.

Amber didn't know how she felt about having a random stranger look at her painting but the guy seemed friendly enough. She shrugged.

"Go ahead."

Amber noticed how he silently walked up behind her. All the easily breakable twigs under their feet seemed to have cleared a path for him to walk over.

He inspected her painting very closely. His brows furrowed thoughtfully as he gazed at the painting. Amber carried on painting. She didn't mind painting in front of him, she felt as though he understood. She guessed that he often had to photograph things with people around but didn't complain about it.

"It's really good." He finally commented.

"You really think so? I'm nowhere near finishing." Amber told him, washing off her brush.

"Yeah, I know. It's going to take you hours to finish. Are you planning to stay here all night?" He asked.

"It won't take me that long. I'm sure I'll get it done before dark. If not, then I'll just have to come back and hope it looks as good as it does tonight." She answered. "What about you? Are you done taking pictures?"

"Yeah, but what kind of person would I be if I left a pretty woman like you in the forest all alone?" He smiled at her and Amber laughed.

"I'm flattered but I'm sure I'll be fine." Amber turned to see him grinning.

"I'm not leaving you here, it's not very polite." He walked over to a spot beside her canvas and sat down.

Amber shrugged. "Suit yourself but I'm warning you know; I won't be great company."

He shrugged as well, he settled down on the grassy ground.

A silence hung in the air between them and it was oddly comfortable. For the first time ever, Amber actually enjoyed the company while she painted. She liked the sound of his deep, hushed hums. She could distinctly recognize the tune but she was too occupied with the splashes of colour on her canvas. She mixed black and green to make a murky shade of green.