chapter 7

two weeks later...

zoro pov

i was worried, for obvious reasons. turns out that night i didnt go to the bar, going on that date instead, was the one day they really needed me. ironic since it was my manager that said i could take the day off just the day before. something about a bunch of military guys coming in and they were shorthanded. boss man said he tried to call me but....well my phone started ringing in the middle of the movie, scaring the life out of me, and nate made me turn it off. i got fired when i tried to go in the next night, as well as the manager cause the boss was mad. 'you made me look bad in front of all those people' he said. i sighed. nate. he is something else, that's for sure. ever since i got fired, ive had more time for dates with the guy and he is amazing. die hard romantic too. for tonight's date, we were just going on a stroll through the park. we enjoyed a dinner, at the restaurant i work at ironically, and were enjoying a stroll through the park under the stars. we were....hand in hand. i dont know when it happened but at some point during our last date, i found my hand inside his. he didnt do anything differently. didnt resist when i held his hand when we started walking. hell, he has been talking this whole time and i wasn't paying a bit of attention. i was just so....enthralled with the guy. ".....i was looking over the finances and i saw that we were loosing some money. i looked into it and there were two new guys investing a shit ton of money into some kinda charity. do i look like i give a shit about charities right now? my company is still in its early stages of growth. we dont have money to just throw away like that!" he complained. "did ya fire them?" i asked.

"boa wouldn't let me fire them. she felt sorry for the 'starving children in Africa' so we have to keep supporting them. it really pisses me off but ill just let her handle this one. i got other things to worry about. anyway, enough of my rambling. how was your day? everything going well with your jobs? you've had more time lately," he said. yeah, i hadn't told him. i dont want him to offer to take care of me or whatever. i can take care of my self. i refuse to rely on his money. "everything is just fine. actually thinking about buying a car soon. im starting to save," i said. its true i was thinking about buying a car but have no money to save. i was lucky ace fell into some money not to long ago and was able to give something towards the bills. with that, we were able to pay everything for this month. next month, however, i dont know. im gonna have to find another job soon. "why do you always do that?" i looked at him, confused by his question. "you look away, seeming as if you are in deep thought. is there something you arent telling me?" he asked, raising a brow. my face felt hot. i dont know how but he always can sense something wrong. "there you go doing it again!" he stopped us, making me face him.

"spill it. tell me what was going on," he said. "its....its nothing. everything is fine," i muttered, trying not to look in his piercing (e/c) orbs. they were intense, somewhat invasive. you dont hide anything from him, ever. they were scanning. there is only one way to distract him before i have to tell him whats really going on. i gripped his neck and pulled him into a kiss. he seemed surprised but kissed me back. his strong arms found their way around my waist and....well i sorta forgot what i was worried about. i had never known a kiss to be this intense.

reader pov

he pulled away a little, that blush growing darker. his breath was hot on my lips. i was about to speak when he kissed me again, this time more harshly. his grip on my neck grew stronger, pulling us together. it was like a vacuum, him sucking on my tongue like he wanted to eat it. his pulling was causing a crook in my neck. his other hand kept gripping my chest, pulling at my shirt as he tried to pull me closer, an impossible task as we were already flush against each other. i had never known him to be so.....lusty. i actually felt him poking me which was different. it wasn't uncommon that we would hug after a date. id even steal a peck from him every so often but this.....this is something in its own class.