Chap 16: The New Girl

I know there's a big gap in years, but I need to move forward. Honestly. 

    |2011|     

            It's been a crazy few years with the Jonas' and Nick. As this new year as come to starting, we had celebrated ringing in the new year at the house in Texas. Joe has got a new girl right before Christmas and she was over at the house with us for the holiday break. 

I woke up in the bedroom, walked downstairs and heard a conversation erupt from the living room.

"Well, I'm not going to let her stand in my way if I'm gonna be in this family." Ashley Greene, the actress from Twilight tell Joseph. 

"No, Ash. You can't do that. She's been in this family before I brought you in as my girlfriend."

"Oh really!" She screams, alerting everyone in the house. 

"What's going on in here?" Mama must had enough of Ashley. 

I was hiding behind the wall on the stairwell, which I had not seen anyone, but could only hear them. 

'Please! Joseph, you know better. Besides, Laura is sleeping." Mama sighed, I could tell she was tried of Ashley's troubles. 

"Sorry, mom. We'll keep it down." Joe says. 

"No, it's not okay." I spoke before anyone else could speak again. 

'Sweetheart, I thought you were sleeping?" Mama asked me, coming over to the stairs. "Are you alright, dear? Have you been there the whole time?" 

"Yeah, I was. One thing more?" She nods. 

"Yeah! Spit it out!" Ashley shouted. 

"Ashley! Joe shouted at her. 

"What?" She said, with a confused look on her face. 

Mama looks over at me, then to Ashley and back to me. "Sweetheart, it's alright."

"No, it isn't, Mama." Mama was confused. "It was...her---she---her!---" Mama nodded. "She wants to get rid of me! She wants to throw me out of this family! I mean, I've been in this family longer than she's been here." I walk down the stairs and stood next to Mama. 

"You're right, sweetheart. You have been in this family longer than her. So, I advise that you tell your girlfriend the rules in this house, Joseph. You know better, don't you?" 

"Of course, Mom. Don't worry." He walks over to me. "I would never throw Laura out of this family." Joe side hugs me. 

"I know you wouldn't, Joe." I smile as he hugged me. 

"Joe!" Ashley was angry.

"What's your problem? Really! Don't get worked up over nothing. I was just hugging her." 

  "No, that's your problem. You hugging her." 

"Hugging me? That's your problem? Joe is a friend. And by the way I've been dating Nick for four years. For your information, it's two-thousand and eleven now." 

"Way to go, Laura!" Kevin shouted from the kitchen. 

"Thanks, Kevin!" I shouted back. 

"No problem!" He says as he and Nick enter the room. 

"Babe, why don't you go take a nap and relax?" Nick's arm around me. 

"Sure. Okay. When I get back, things should be settled down." I walk up the stairs and into my room. 

A few minutes later, a knock on my door and I heard the voices. One was Joe. 

"Laura, it's Joe. Could we come in please?" 

"Sure." 

It was Ashley and Joe. "Ash wants to apologize to you." He looked at his girlfriend, who stood by the door. 

"Yeah, I want to apologize to you about what I said earlier---" She sighed. "I am sorry I said those things, will you forgive me?" 

I looked over at Joe, with a 'Are you serious' look and he nodded to answer my question. 

"I guess I will. But, if you ever have a problem with me, you have to come and tell me. Understand?" 

"Yeah, Thank you." We hugged. "I think I'm gonna sleep now." 

They left my room. After I drifted off to sleep, I had a dream: 

       "Babe? What happened to you?" 

      "What do you mean?" 

     "You cheated on me! How could you do that to me!? I thought you loved me, Laura!?" 

    "I do. I do. I am so sorry, baby. I didn't mean to do it---Please forgive me?" 

   "No, I can't. You don't love me----" 

I woke up from the dream. "Horrible. Am I really gonna do that to Nick?" 

     No, of course not, I thought to myself.