Chapter 17

LOUIS’ POV

    “Nope, not leaving.” I say, crossing my arms tightly against my chest. I lean back in the passenger’s seat of Harry’s big, black car and stare at him. “I don’t want to leave, so I’m not.” I state my position. “You can’t make me do anything.”

    Harry sighs. “Babe, you’re making this so much harder than it needs to be. Just, go get on the plane, please. It’s leaving in twenty minutes.”

    I scowl at him. “Why are you so eager to get rid of me?” And why I’m so emotional, well, that I don’t know. I feel like a teenage white girl on her period, but, I can’t help it. I sigh and sit further into the seat. “That’s just twenty more minutes that I can spend with you, Harry. I don’t want to leave you for a month. What if you meet another guy at one of your matches, like you met me? What if he’s taller and cuter than I am? What if you like him more than you like me?”

    “Woah, Louis, slow down. Nothing of the sort will happen, I promise. We already talked about this, I think. I could never like anyone more than I like you. You’re, like, the most amazing person I’ve ever met, and I’m infatuated with you. You know that, don’t you?” He rubs his soft fingers along my chin, turning my face so he could look me in the eyes. “You need to get on that plane for me, baby. We can Skype as soon as you get home, if you want. But you need to go, okay? Do it for me. Remember, in a month, you won’t have to ever worry about leaving me again.” He winks. I nod. “C’mon, I’ll help you get your stuff out of the back.”

    Harry grabs my suitcase from the trunk, and I grab my little travel case that holds my keys, a mini comb, lotion [boys use it too, you know] and a small toothbrush with toothpaste. “I’ll miss you,” I sigh, standing on my toes, reaching my arms around his neck, and kissing his lips softly. Harry’s arms wrap around my waist.

    He mumbles into the kiss, “I’ll miss you too,” and that’s when I feel a hot drop of salty water his my cheek, and look up to see Harry crying. He wipes his tears frantically and smiles. “It’s only a month,” he says. “We can do it, babe.”

    “I love you,” I say, undoing myself from his hold. I grip my suitcase in my free hand, and smile at Harry, who wipes away his tears again. He tells me he loves me more, and I just laugh and shake my head, wandering off into the airport. I board my flight, and close my eyes, hoping that my recent crying would put me to sleep, quickly.

     [Harry has an important meeting with his manager right after he drops me off at the airport, so him and Niall aren't able to board the same flight as me.]

         // “All I got to do was drive you home, lad?” Zayn asks, laughing. I know he’s upset though. “Can’t believe you’ve been gone ten weeks, and all I get to do is drive you home from the London airport.” He laughs again.

    “I’ll call you tonight, mate. Maybe you could sleep over, and we could catch up? I just have to get settled first. You know how my parents are. Or, just how my mum is.” I laugh back.

    Zayn smiles. “Yeah, sounds good. I told your mom ‘bout you and Harry shagging, by the way. She was questioning me about it, but since you didn’t give me the details, I had no answers for her. So, just a heads up, she’ll bombard you about that.”

    “Christ, Zayn.” I sigh, laughing. “Okay, I’ll see you later. I’ll call you around, like, eight, alright?” and Zayn nods, so I grab my suitcase and travel bag from the backseat. “See ya’!” I wave as he pulls away. I look around the neighborhood; it hasn’t changed much. I unlock the front door to my house, and my mom comes running to the door. “Mum,” I choke as she hugs me tightly. “Mum, can’t breathe.”