Chapter 01

CHAPTER ONE

“Mom, I’m not really sure I want to go with Dad. I know I made a commitment already, but I don’t really like boxing.” I said nervously.

“Louis, you’ve never been to a game, you’ll never know if you like it unless you go. Plus, your father’s really looking forward to spending time with you.” She told me.

“He’s looking forward to it? That’s a fucking lie; he’s pretty much hated me since I came out last year!”

“Louis, language! And I know honey, I know, but he didn’t hate you, he was just surprised and upset that his only son is actually gay... We never expected it.”

“Well, that sucks for him because I am.” I retorted.

“Louis William Tomlinson, language; and I’m not going to say it again!”

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, walking away from her. I wasn’t looking forward to this boxing match at all, mostly because it would mean being next to my semi-homophobic father for the whole day. Although, there was some good that came out of it; I’d get to see sweaty, shirtless guys; and hopefully hot ones at that.

I got dressed in my bedroom, picking an outfit that consisted of black skinny jeans, a graphic tee shirt, and converse sneakers. With a little time to spare, I turned on my iTunes playlist and kicked back on my bed.

Over the music there was a loud knock at my door. "You almost ready to go Lou?"

"Yeah dad, I'll meet you in the car." I said, turning off my music and grabbing my phone, keys, and then quickly checking my appearance in the mirror. After deciding I looked alright, I hustled down and out, yelling a loud 'goodbye' to my mother and jumping in the passenger seat of my dad's Camaro.

The first ten minutes of the car ride was filled with unhealthy silence, but then my dad spoke up. "You know son, I'm not mad at you. You can love who you want to love, I'm just-"

"Save it." I spoke. "You screamed at me the day I told you."

"Lou, you gotta listen..."

"Nope," I said, blocking my ears in a childish manner. As my father continued to speak, I made noises to show an immature uninterest in what he had to say. "La la la la la."

My father huffed, turning his focus back to the road, where it should've been all along. "I support your desicion."

"Desicion? You think I chose to be gay? To go through all the bullying, and self-hatred? Ha! You really don't get it, do you?" I shook my head, laughing at him in disbelief. "I was born this way dad."

"Whatever, you know what I mean Louis. I support you being a homosexual."

"Thanks." I said simply, but inside I was actually really flattered that he said that. I never would have though the day would come when he'd tell me that, but here we are; it really happened!

After another fourty minutes of driving, we finally reached the stadium. Luckily, it was indoors and air-conditioned, because it was almost ninety degrees out, and I wouldn't have been able to survive sitting outside for so long.

"Our seats are out there, section two, row c, seats thirty-four and thirty-five." My dad said, pointing out towards where our seats were located. "Here's your ticket to get in; I'll meet you after I use the restroom."

I nodded and walked down to my seat. I saw people give me dirty looks as I walked; probably because of the tee-shirt I was wearing, that said "Same Love" across it in a rainbow heart. Yes, I was supporting Macklemore's famous song.