Chapter 08

WRITTEN BY KAITY
I hope you guys aren’t mad about the wait, I’ve been sick, and I was on vacation with no wifi for a bit! But don’t worry, here’s your chapter eight!

     I stretched my weakened limbs, making baby dinosaur noises while I arose from my bed, more tired than I’d been since the times I got up for school at five thirty in the morning.

     After finally convincing myself that I was awake enough to walk out of my room, I marched into the living space of Harry’s hotel room, only to find him not sitting there on the couch. “Harry—” I whispered as I slithered to his slightly open bedroom door. He wasn’t in his bed, but something else was — something that caught my eye.

     A fluorescent (neon) pink piece of sticky paper sat in the perfect center of his bed, with a gourmet chocolate bar, and a laminated ticket next to it. I picked up the pink paper first — as any polite person would do — and read over it.

     Loubear,
         My coach called me in for practice earlier, and I won’t be home til late, and I didn’t want to wake you, so I’m just leaving you this note. Later tonight I have a match —
a very important one at that, and I really want you to be there with me before I go out there, because I’m already a nervous wreck. So that’s what the ticket is for, and it’s VIP, so just show them that and they’ll let you backstage. (Leave at eight, you’ll get here by eight thirty, and then my match is at nine fifteen.) I also left you a chocolate bar, as you can see. I made it for you at this special factory near my trainer’s. If you like it, maybe we can go there before you leave to go back home? Man, I wish you could stay for more than a week...

          I’m already running late, so I really have to stop the letter there. But I have something we need to talk about when you get to my room backstage... It’s important.

     x Harry

I glimpse at the last paragraph, before closing my eyes tightly, preventing tears from falling from them. “No,” I whispered. “He can’t be breaking up with me.”

I set the note back into place on the bed, pushing back tears, and the lump in my throat. I couldn’t cry. I didn’t know for sure that he was breaking up with me. Then again though, he did say “we need to talk” and I’m pretty sure that’s code for “we should see other people” or “it’s not you, it’s me.” Oh god, I wonder which excuse he’ll use. Maybe he’ll even pull the, “I need to focus on my career, but when I get back, maybe we can work things out.” Oh no, oh no, oh no. I can’t let him do this! “Okay, okay, Louis, calm down.” I said to myself, taking a deep breath. “I’ll just go see him later, like he said, and then we’ll talk. For now, I need to stay strong.”

I brewed myself a quick cup of coffee, and popped some blueberry toast in the toaster, too. A nice breakfast was sure to calm me down, at least for a little while. I smothered butter onto my two pieces of toast with a knife, and sat down at the table. Whilst eating, I scrolled through my twitter, facebook, and instagram feeds, just to see what was going on. A lot of people were talking about some hometown fighter named the Tobrecan, and I had no idea who he was. Everyone was talking about how scary he was, undefeated and all, but he didn’t seem scary to me. Of course, all I knew was his name. But don’t scary boxers usually have tough-guy names? Tobrecan didn’t seem to sound so mean and tough.

I decided on closing out of the apps on my iPhone, and heading over to the shops for the day. After changing into a blue tee shirt, and some jeans that fit my bum nicely, I locked the door to Harry’s hotel room, and headed downtown with just my phone, my keys and my wallet.

Incoming Call: Harry ♥ Showed up on my lock screen while I was inside of Jack Wills. My phone vibrated in my back pocket. I pulled the device out and quickly answered, assuming it was important. “Babe, I got your note and things.” I said happily.

“Good, I hope you like chocolate. I wasn’t sure if you would want it. Are you coming to my match tonight?” He asked.

“Of course I am! I’m gonna come early like you said.” I chirped.