Chapter 10

“Harry, I need to tell you something important.” I sighed.

He gripped my hand in his larger one and nodded for me to continue. I took a deep breath and gathered my thoughts.

“I know we’ve only known eachother for like a month and we’ve only been dating for a few days, although you did kiss me about a week ago, anyways when the paramedics were carrying you off the stage on a stretcher, I was so scared and I felt like I couldn’t breathe. All I could think about was the possibility that I could lose you. And I mean, that would be awful, because I’ve really gotten to know you and I just couldn’t go back to normal if you weren’t here with me.” I cleared my my throat. “What I’m trying to say, is that...I love you.”

Harry grinned widely and pulled me in for a passionate kiss that involved a lot of tongue. We parted briefly, but we stayed close.

“I love you too.” He panted into my mouth.

I reattached our lips and let him take control. Someone behind us cleared their throat, so I reluctantly pulled my mouth away from Harry’s.

I glared playfully at Aubrey and she giggled, before scribbling something down on Harry’s chart.

“As you know Harry has a dislocated shoulder and a sprained ankle along with some minor cuts and bruises, so he might be in some pain which is why I’ve prescribed some pain medication. You are now free to go, but make sure you stop at the front desk and get your medicine and sign out.” She tapped her chin thoughtfully. “It’s probably best if he rests for a few days. That means no boxing or anything strenuous.” She got an evil smirk and stared right at me. “That also includes performing sexual activities.”

I choked on my own spit and started coughing loudly. Aubrey laughed as she took out Harry’s IV. His face was beet red and he fiddled with his hands awkwardly.

“We haven’t- ehm. We’ve only been dating for a few days.” I rubbed the back of my neck.

“Really? I assumed at least six months by how you acted. My bad.” She snorted.

I rolled my eyes and willed the heat in my cheeks to go away. She left us alone in the room and I nervously met Harry’s eyes. I helped him out of the bed and giggled a little when his bum hung out the back of the hospital gown. I grabbed the change of clothes I brought him and shoved him into the bathroom to change. Fifteen minutes passed and he hadn’t come out, so I decided to go check on him.

“You alright in there?”

“Um, actually I could use a little help.”

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and opened the door. I laughed out loud at the sight that greeted me. He had managed to get his boxers and pants on, but his shirt was tangled around his arms and head. He groaned and wiggled his unhurt arm.

I yanked the shirt down over his head and his good arm, then took extra care in putting his hurt arm through the sleeve. He winced a bit when I moved it, but he didn’t complain. When I was finished I pecked his lips.

He smiled softly as we went to find the front desk. The lady there handed me his pain medication and a form for him to sign. Unfortunately he had hurt his right arm which was the one he used to right, so his signature was messy from having to use his left hand.

I handed the form back and we left the hospital. I drove us both back to the hotel and helped Harry out of the car even though he insisted that he could do it himself. I also made him sit on the couch while I made us both some sandwiches.

He thanked me when I handed him his plate and immediately took a bite, giving me a sheepish smile. I flipped on the TV and scrolled through the channels.

“Wait!” Harry grabbed the remote from me and went back a channel.

“Really? The Notebook?” I smirked.

“I’m hurt.” He whined. “That means you have to do what I want.”

I threw my hands up and shrugged. “Okay, okay.”

He grinned and kissed my cheek, wincing when he sat back again.

“Does your shoulder hurt?”

“A little.” He muttered. “But I can deal with it.”

“I’ll go get you an ice pack.” I patted his knee and went into the kitchen to find an ice pack. Since he was a boxer and he got hurt often he had about six in his freezer, so I picked the softest one and carried it back to him. I carefully positioned it on his shoulder then sat on his other side so we could cuddle.

He lifted his arm around my shoulder and I smiled, leaning into his side. We finished watching The Notebook while we ate and I noticed Harry kept glancing at me but I didn’t say anything. After a little while, I started feeling self-conscious so I looked at him. “You’re staring.”

“Admiring.” He corrected.

I blushed, ducking my head down. He snorted and kissed my cheek sloppily. I made a face as I wiped the spit from my cheek onto his shirt. He laughed and let me go to lay down, but he pulled me down soon after. I was careful not to hurt him as I practically laid on top of him. The couch wasn’t big enough for both of us, but I didn’t mind if it meant I could be closer to Harry.

I absentmindedly ran my fingers over the bruise on his jaw from where the other boxer had punched him. He grasped my hand in his own and intertwined our fingers together. I kissed the spot lightly and a fond smile broke out on his face. He turned to face me and we shared a slow, deep kiss.