Chapter 12

“He needs to go.”

I grumbled at the rude awakening and tried to cuddle into Harry’s side more, but he wasn’t there anymore.

“I said no!”

I sat up at the sound of Harry’s voice and listened intently to the conversation.

“He’s distracting you. Ever since he came along you’ve been off your game. You should have won that fight!”

“Don’t you dare blame him for this!” Harry shouted back. “He has nothing to do with me losing that fight.”

I cringed back into the pillows. They were arguing about me. I mess everything up.

“Then there’s the fact that most of your fans are disgusted by your gayness.”

“That’s not even a word! You don’t know what you’re talking about. My fans are really supportive.”

“Either he goes home or I’m dropping you.” The other man who I now realized was Harry’s manager lowered his voice. “I just want whats best for your career.”

Harry sighed deeply and I heard him begin to pace across the floorboards.

“Look, I love him. Nothing’s going to change that. I can’t just cut him out of my life.”

“I’m not asking you too. I just need you to be able to focus on boxing and you can’t do that when he’s around.”

“I can’t box for another two weeks anyways, so he’s staying. We’ll figure out the rest later.”

“Harry?”

“What?!” He snapped.

“I know you think you love this boy, but you and I both know that it won’t be anything serious. everyone you’ve ever dated left you because you had to travel so much. Then you would go months without boxing and it takes forever to get your strength back. I don’t want this boy to break your heart just like the rest.”

“Get out.” He growled.

The door clicked and I knew he was gone. Harry slowly entered the room and his face dropped even further when he realized I was awake.

“I’m sorry you had to hear that.” He choked on the last word and wiped at his eyes. He faced the wall and before I could react his good arm was launching forward, creating a massive hole in the wall. I expected another punch, but instead he rested his forehead against the pale yellow wall and his body began to shake.

I quickly got up and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind, nestling my face between his shoulder blades. I could hear the soft cries and I wanted nothing more than to make them stop.

“It’s okay baby. Shh.” I whispered. “I’m not going to leave you. I’m right here.”

He turned in my arms and hugged me tightly, sniffling as he spoke.

“ ‘m sorry. I-I just- I want you here, but my career m-means everything to me."

He stiffened as he stepped back. I looked him in the eyes and he nodded, motioning towards the bed. I sat beside him and he took a deep breath.

He paused, rubbing his hand over a small scar on his bicep that I had never noticed. I took his hand and laced our fingers together, offering him some comfort.

He rested his head on my shoulder, yawning cutely.

I rubbed my thumb over the back of his hand soothingly, placing a kiss on the back of his hand.

"When you started bpxing, did you ever beat up the guys who bullied you?"

"No. I couldn't ever stoop to their level." He paused. “That’s why I got so upset when those guys were messing with you. I didn’t want you to go through what I went through.”

A soft smile graced my lips and I tilted his head up so I could place a gentle kiss to his lips.

Harry took me with him when he laid back and he ended up falling asleep against my side. I was still pretty tired so I rested my head against his and let myself drift into sleep.