I felt the vehicle stop, and all I saw in front of me were trees, a forest.

My eyes widened, "Oh my gosh, you are going to kill me."

That's when I felt a spark from my knee. It was his hand. And it just lay there, as if it was okay. I looked at him, and his eyes were focused on the forest in front of us.

"Wh-what are you doing?" I stuttered.

He shifted his eyes, meeting my gaze, and chuckled lightly, "I'm calming you down. So are you calm now, knowing that I won't kill you here?"

I nodded slowly, wondering why this seemed so funny to him.

He smiled slightly, and clapped both of his hands, "Alright then, now lets head out."

He led us through the wilderness. And due to the night sky, he used his phone as a flashlight to see where he going. The whole time as we walked together, it was silent. The atmosphere felt not at all awkward, but comfortable. It was freezing at the moment, and I was stupid enough to leave my jacket in the car, which was probably a mile away from where we were now.

Trees, trees, trees. That's all that came into view, and I was starting to get annoyed from it. I mean I knew California had forests, but I didn't know it would literally look like those deserted forests on television.

Jayce stopped at some moss and vine-covered hedge that was a few feet tall, which was blocking our view from what were probably more trees in front of us. But the usual sound I heard wasn't the wind blowing leaves away; it was the sound of... water?

He felt around the hedge, until his hand pushed back a vine-covered section. His face lit up. He gathered a few of the long vines, and lifted them up, then gestured for me to duck through the now empty space. I was suspicious at first, although I complied.

As I crouched a little, the view in front of me was spectacular for something so, so, simple.

In front of me was a lake, with sparkling water that reflected the full moon in the sky. There was a long wooden dock that led up to about midway of the lake, then separating towards the left and right. The lake was circular, and surrounding the rest of it were, yes you guessed it, trees.

He came up behind me, and took in the view, "You're not afraid of water, right?"

"I was on a local swim team for 2 years of my life, so I think I'm good." I smiled at him, before turning my gaze back to the lake.

The scene in front of me was perfect. It was so secluded; it was as if we were the only people in the world at the moment. Now I sounded like I was in some romance novel.

I followed behind him towards the dock, and he took a seat at the very end, letting his legs dangle over the edge. I sat next to him, smelling the salt water coming from the lake.

"So are you with that Colton guy?" He questioned, breaking the silence.

I let out a small giggle, "Definitely not."

"Are you serious?" He asked looking so shocked.

I nodded, "Yeah, why is that so hard to believe?"

He shrugged, while running his hand through his hair, "I don't know. You guys seem so close, and earlier today he stood up for you when..." His voice trailed off, knowing where he was leading to.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, breaking the tension that was building up, "Well yeah, like I said before, he's been my best friend since first grade. Besides, he's had his amount of girlfriends before, and none of them seemed to please him, I guess he's still trying to find the right person."