when Worlds Collide - Chapter Six

Start from the beginning

I fought the smirk that was desperatly trying to break free as I caught her checking me out. "Um, me too." She blushed. So cute. "Your tattoo is cool."

"You got one?" My eyes raked her body imagining what she could have hidden under those clothes. She shook her head. "Alright Brooke, keep your panties on... You seem like too much of a nice girl anyway." I chuckled as she frowned. One thing I know is girls tend not to like hearing that. She threw a mini tantrum saying she could get one if she wanted, I'll hold her to that!

The demanding diva in my back yard ordered me back to work so I turned the radio, nodding my head along to a Timbaland song. I ignored the Katy Perry tune coming from Brooke's bag until she looked sad. I knew it, its him! The look on her face says it all.

She needs a good time. She needs to forget that loser. She needs me. I grabbed my cell and texted Tommy. 'I'm coming to the bar tonight. Put me and my girl on guest list.' He texted me back quicker than I thought he would.

'Done.'

"Hey want to go to a bar?"

"I'm eighteen." She said in that girly 'duh' voice.

"The manager is a good buddy of mine. I'm sure he'll let you have a cosmo or whatever the hell you poor people drink." I shrugged as she stood up to me on her tip toes.

"I'm more of a beer girl." I swallowed hard as her lips brushed my ear. Oh god, she's driving my body crazy.

****

"Hey guys this is Brooke. Brooke this is Kim, Tommy, Stan, Kitty and this dude I don't know." I laughed as I got to the stranger at the end of the table.

"His name is Don and he's with me." Kim smiled as she leaned over and kissed him.

"Sorry about Kimmy's manners." Stan stood up and held his hand out for Brooke. As soon as she took his hand, he turned it around and kissed her knuckle.

"Alright alright, that's enough." I pushed his hand away from Brooke's. "Sit down tiger." I laughed.

"Spoilsport, drink?" Stan raised an eyebrow. Kimmy and Don ordered their drinks, Kitty asked for a wine, Tommy shook his head. When he turned to me and Brooke she looked up at me nervously.

"Beer for me and a small beer for my girl. She's gotta drive later."

"Sucks to be you Brooke." He shrugged and headed to the bar.

"Stan owns the place, I do the guestlist. He's totally harmless, well to you anyway." Tommy grinned as he looked Brooke up and down as she slid into the booth.

"Um, why me?" She asked, tucking loose hair behind her ear. The table erupted into laughter, even me. Stan came back and looked as confused as Brooke.

"Stan tell Brooke who is the hottest person on the planet." Kitty smiled as she pushed me out of the way.

"Easy baby, Taylor Lautner...fine piece o' ass."

"Oh." Brooke simply said as she turned to Kit.

*****

"Keep the change man." I said to the cab driver as we climbed out of the car. "Well they like you." I smiled at Brooke as we held hands outside my house.

"Really?" She bounced a little on her tiptoes in excitement. "Soo, was that like a date?" She bit her bottom lip, it was so freaking sexy I just wanted her there and then.

"Sure, why not. I had fun tonight. And yes they loved you. Kim wants you to come to her family barbeque...and she doesn't hand invitations out to just anyone."

"Oohh well I can't let her down." She smiled. "I better go." She sighed. "Damn school." Reluctantly she let go of my hands.

'This is your chance.' I prepared myself.

Before I knew it my lips were locked on hers and we were sharing the most amazing kiss ever. After listening to the girls talk about fireworks over the years, I knew what they meant. I mean... Wow. I sulked like a schoolboy when she pulled away.

"Wow, call me later." She pushed me away and got in her car laughing.. What the hell? I stood there like a lost puppy as she drove off the street. When I finally moved my legs and walked in the house my mom was sat on the couch grinning.

"Well that's an interesting development on yesterday's events."

"Goodnight mom." I walked past her straight in to my room. When she went to bed, I waited an hour before I headed out in my car.

****

"Jeez Ben, pass me the oven glove." Brooke shoved me out of the way. It was Friday night. The first time I've seen her since we kissed. I wanted to impress her by making a chicken dinner but I'm not the best in the kitchen.

My mom took over the potatoes as I grabbed a beer from the fridge. I sat at the table as they talked. I thought I was heading for a home run of no cooking but Brooke passed me a jug and asked me to stir the gravy. "No lumps.. And don't let it go too watery."

"Yes ma'am." I mock saluted her, she scoffed and hit me with a towel before going back to her conversation with mom. When she mentioned college I began to take notice.

"My parents want me to go to Johns Hopkins, but I'd be happy studying teaching or something at the community college. My brother has already disappointed them by taking directors classes and not business or politics. Why can't I do something to piss them off?" She shrugged.

After we ate, the ladies took to the couch under my orders to watch TV with a bowl of ice cream. It was when the news came on and I heard about another robbery. I was careful each time, but I found myself panicking incase they found anything or managed to get a description of me. Over thinking things, I smashed a plate. Before I knew it, I was looking into Brooke's eye. "Hey, relax." Her hand rested on my face. "Want to come to my house tomorrow for dinner?"

She does something to me that makes me lose my senses. I couldn't speak, I just nodded.