Part 15

"Okay my parents are going to kill me if I don't come down and sit with them, so have a good new year em!" Phil cheered warmly through my screen. "Okay you too philly love you byeee" I smiled ending the three hour Skype call we had just had since Phils family had decided they wanted to spend Christmas break in Florida, which we were very sad about because we had an annual tradition of sneaking out of out houses as soon as Christmas Day came and exchanging gifts.

Anyways now it was New Year's Eve and every single year we spend it with the Howells and Lesters but since Phil wasn't here it was just mine and dans family, which I wasn't the happiest about as the last time we talked I was taking care of Dan after he was drugged but the next morning he had left my room without saying anything and even went out the next night not caring about anything that had happened previously.

This year my parents and their friends had all agreed that we would be throwing a New Years party and we all had to go in costumes just to make it more fun and exciting. I had decided to go as Eponine from le mis as she was one of my favourite characters of all time from one of my favourite musicals. I finished shading with grey eyeshadow around parts of my face as soon as the first guests arrived, which were who I assumed the Howells as our mums planned to help each other setting up the food.

I clumsily made my way down stairs to greet the Howells, I laughed seeing mr and mrs Howell went as Dracula and the countess and Adrian went as a vampire. I said hello to each of them and complemented their costumes. I did this as soon as I got to Dan, I quickly debated how I wanted to approach him, but as soon as I saw a warm smile from him I decided just to be natural.

"Like the costume mr scamander" I said in a terrible New York accent acknowledging his Newt Scamander costume. "Oh god I think the Nifflers gone missing" he panicked in a posh British accent looking at his case in distress making me giggle.

"So why'd you go as newt scamander, when we went to go see it you hated it" I chucked but soon felt very awkward as I bought up one of the moments from when we were dating. "Well we both have a curly fringe and straightening my hair is effort" he started making me smile, "and I happen to know you have a massive crush on Eddie Redmayne" Dan winked making me blush crazily, making me insanely happy Eponine had a grey complexion.

"And who are you meant to be" he asked talking a lock of my messy curled hair and dropping it. "I am Eponine from les miserables" I spoke in a posh accent resembling hers. "Didn't they make a movie on that?" Dan asked and I decided to make him all flustered like he had done to me. "Yeah, in the movie Eponine is madly in love with Eddie Redmayne as well" I winked and then walked off to the lounge to talk to Adrian leaving Dan alone with an obvious blush on his face.

_________________
"So about a New Years kiss?..." Dan bought up as I poured my food in the kitchen, I chucked due to how quiet and awkward things had been between us recently and his slightly drunk personality making him a lot more cheerful. "Yeah your New Years kiss with the dog" I threw back at him making him laugh.
I grabbed my plate and started to walk back into the lounge where most of the kids were until I felt Dan grab my wrist gently, which honestly made me smile.

"I meant ours mate" he informed me causing me to burst out laughing at the use of mate in that situation, how ironic (and British).
"Guess I'll have to see" I winked taking dans cup in my hand and taking a sip of his water, which unfortunately was not water. "Ugh Dan really, pure vodka?" I moaned grimacing at the horrible taste. "Should've been able to smell it Emily" he smiled.
"I knew you had champagne but vodka dan for fucks sake we're with family and we're not allowed to drink" I whisper yelled at him, "keep drinking and we'll both get into trouble".

I marched back to the sofa slightly annoyed and sat next to Adrian, I opened up twitter hoping to calm me down a bit, it's just dan is so annoying and he thinks that he has the right to ignore everything that's happened and talk to me as if nothing's happened.

After a while of interneting I decided that it would be a good time to slip away from the party, I crept up the staircase and into my room shutting the door behind me and breathing out in relief.
"God I was waiting for you" a male voice spoke catching me off guard. "It's not too long until midnight, you should probably go downstairs with your family Daniel" I spoke to Dan who was lying on my bed scrolling through his phone.
"Maybe I wanna spend my last moments of this year with you" he smiled putting down his phone and sitting up.

"COUNTDOWNS STARTING GUYS" I heard dans mum shriek from downstairs making him groan in embarrassment, "god can my mum calm down" he complained covering his face and standing up making me laugh. "Guessing you're not gonna go down" I bought up again.
"Nah, what about you?" He smirked probably wanting to hear I was staying here.
"I think I'm fine here" I replied warmly.

"5" he grabbed me by the hand and pulled me up
"4" he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear forcing me to look into his eyes
"3" we stared into each other's eyes
"2" we slowly moved closer together
"1" I bought my hand to the back of his neck and pulled him onto my lips
"HAPPY NEW YEAR" he kissed me back strongly as I pushed him back onto the bed with me now straddling him and his hands tracing the outline of my body.

Woo happy new year guys, this chapter was a bit late so sorry for how inappropriately festive this was. But hopefully more updates will come soon.
Pls vote and comment and follow :D
-Sarah