Part 7

Ah, the annual masquerade ball, possibly the worst time of the school year, well at least for me. Most of the girls in my school loved it, all I would hear in classes is what they were wearing and what guys were taking them. I never got invited to the ball, guys in my school didn't like me, the standards in my school were supermodel bodies and popularity, both things I didn't have. Guys just didn't like me in that way and I accepted it, so that's why every year me and Phil would eat junk food and watch movies whilst this bullshit ball went on, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Come on Emily, just go this once" Phil begged me as we took our seats in our math class "Phil I'm not going, I've never gone and I never will" I told him just as our teacher entered the room "silence while I take the register" she yelled and everyone shut up knowing she was one of the strictest teachers in our school.

I laid my head in the palm of my hand and waited boredly  for the lesson to be over. "What you doing for prom Dan" I heard one of dans friends ask him behind our table. "I'm going, but I haven't got my date yet" he told him quietly before he was cut off by our teacher "DANIEL JAMES HOWELL AFTER SCHOOL DETENTION FOR TALKING" she screamed making him groan hitting his head on the desk. Just at this moment I accidentally pushed my pen off the table and as I bent down to go and pick it up I heard my teacher screaming again, who's the unlucky victim this time. "EMILY WINTERS AFTER SCHOOL DETENTION FOR NOT PAYING ATTENTION WHEN I TALK" it was me, I was the unlucky. My mouth was open in shock, what the fuck did I even do I was getting my pen, I bit my tongue quickly before I could say something I'd regret.

Great an after school detention with Dan, exactly what I needed right now.

---------------------------------------
I dropped my books on the desk quietly trying to make sure that I wouldn't draw too much attention to myself, most of the people there were all the 'bad' kids in our school, so naturally they were all friends of Dan.

I eyed the teacher up trying to get a sense whether he was strict or not, he didn't really do much just was meticulously on his computer "waddup sluts" Dan cheered entering the classroom loudly as if he was proud to of gotten a detention "sup mr D" Dan greeted high fiving the teacher, this cannot be real. "It's not a real detention until Dan shows up" the teacher laughed as Dan sat in his seat, winking as he walked past me.

"Okay kids, I'm mr Douglass and welcome to detention!" He started earning a few cheers from the back of his classroom, "you can call me mr D or jack, I don't care but only in detention" "what about pussy destroyer 9000?" Someone asked from the back "that's not my name, that's my title" he told them. Okay he was pretty funny. "So we both don't want to be here so let's all just do our own things, I don't really care what you do as long as you keep it inside the classroom". I assumed he meant we could go on our phones so I pulled out my earphones and started listening to music.

After trying to sit back and relax, I suddenly felt a paper ball hit the back of my head. I swiftly turned around to scold the culprit only to see it was Dan, of course it was. "Mr D can I go to the bathroom" I asked the teacher just wanting an excuse to get out of the classroom for a bit.

I stuffed my phone back into my bag following jack's advice that we shouldn't do whatever we do there in the actual school. I've never noticed how creepy the school was with no people in it. I started at the long staircase leading up to the English block and started to get chills, defiantly spooky.

I wrapped the cheap school cardigan around me for some warmth, they always turned off the heating off when school hours were finished just to save money. I walked around the staircase to admire the stonework plastered into the wall, even though our school had a shit system, it was made in the victorian times and the architecture was so beautiful. "what you looking at?" I heard a soft voice speak from behind me. My heart started to race at the sudden shock of someone being here, I gulped and turned around hoping it wasn't some ghost or something.

And standing there was Dan, of course it was. "I can't stop thinking about you" he spoke gently still standing in his place. In the moment of silence were he continued to stare at me, I really started to take in his appearance. His skin was so pale in the grey lighting of the gloomy scene outside, the warm specks of gold in his dark eyes were now replaced with shiny silver ones that seemed to see right through me. His lips were still the blood red colour they usually were, which contrasted perfectly with his pale skin. His brown hair rested gently against his forehead and his hands were awkwardly tucked into his black school blazer pockets making him seem so adorable. 

He slowly started to move closer to me until there was the room of a finger between us, he looked down on me as if he was expecting me to react to this. But I didn't, all I did was continue to look up at him with an emotionless face "It hasn't been just us in ages" he discussed quietly making me realise that was quite true, it hadn't been just us. 

He gently tucked a piece of hair that had fallen all over my face behind me hair, he smiled as he moved his fingers slowly across my cheek as he felt how hot they were. "See you in detention" with this he walked out leaving me alone on the staircase. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Look who finally arrived" One of the guys hanging out with Dan yelled as I entered the classroom in a state of confusion, "oh yeah Dan's new bitch!" someone added on, "he doesn't wanna ride that though" another one spoke causing all of those people to burst into fits of laughter.

I quickly ran over to my seat and tried to drown out their horrible discussion about me. It's fine guys do this, they're dicks"She was all over me earlier on the stairs" Dan told them with a huge smile plastered onto his pretty face, "I wouldn't even touch that with a ten foot pole" he snickered making me feel as if my heart had dropped. 

I didn't even like Dan and think everything he says is bullshit so why would I even care? My vision started to get blurry from tears emerging and I knew that I was about to start bawling my eyes out. "Can I be excused?" I chocked out to Jack and trying to hold back tears as I got the fuck out of the classroom "Not cool guys" I heard Jack say to them as I ran as fast as I could out of the building. 

I wasn't going back, I don't care if get suspended, I just want to be as far away from Dan and his friends as possible.