Part 6

I stared out the window and tapped my pen lightly on my notebook trying to drown out Mr Lockhart's boring lecture about Romeo and Juliet. "Attention students" the headteacher announced striding into the classroom, I immediately looked over and pulled my black skirt down a bit not wanting to get into trouble. "Today we have a new student joining our class, everyone meet mr Calvin Marques" he greeted warmly. A boy who looked like he was kind of stoned walked into the classroom. "You can sit next to Emily" Mr Lockhart told him pointing to me. He made eye contact with me and started to walk over to me, I quickly pushed all of my stuff over to my side of the table trying to give him a warm welcome. I caught Dan staring at me and the boy in jealousy, for some reason whenever I talked to another guy Dan got super jealous. "Hey" I greeted, "I'm Emily" "Calvin" he told me, his voice was kind of weird it was deep but had this weird tone to it, it was pretty cool though. He was really pale and had quite large eyes and his fringe was really messy and had a few gaps in it. He had a grey vans hoodie on with a black  baseball hat which looked good on him.

"So Calvin, what things do you like?" I asked trying to break the ice with him. He stared at me with a blank expression before he started to speak "well I love video games, I'm not shit at computer science and some of my favourite games are csgo, Pokemon and legend of zelda" he spoke in a monotone voice. "No way, those games are my shit" I quietly laughed "wow a girl who like video games, I like you" he smiled, jeez his smile as cute. He had a crooked smile but looked away at the side when he did it.

"Okay class, so for you to really understand the essence of Romeo and Juliet, you're going to learn and perform it!" Our teacher told the class earning a few groans from some pupils "you have thirty seconds to chose your partner and beware this does have a kissing scene in it".
"Hey you wanna go together?" I asked Calvin and he nodded "sure, you're like the only cool girl here" he told me making me blush a bit.

"Okay kids, off to lunch" mr Lockhart excused us. "Hey how about I show you to your locker and you come and eat lunch with my friends" I asked Calvin and he nodded.
"So it seems your locker is right next to mine" I pointed out, "here you go" I showed him where his locker was and he slid his key in.

"You really weren't kidding when you said you were a nerd" he laughed pointing to my gigantic triforce sticker in my locker. After shoving all my books in my locker I felt two arms wrap around behind me. Calvin was right next to me, meaning it of course was Dan. "Is this your um boyfriend?" Calvin stuttered "fortunately not" I smirked as Dan put his head in the crook of my neck "yeah that's why you slept in bed with me when we were both half naked" he muttered loud enough for Calvin to hear. "Yeah because we were both really drunk" I retorted turning around "don't pretend you didn't like it infront of your new boy toy here" he smirked "dick head" I mumbled pushing him away.

"I'm so sorry about Dan, he's a grade A knob" I told Calvin "now I know who to stay away from" "Oh yeah, it might be a good idea if I give you a quick run through of some of the people here" I told him as we started to walk. 

"That girl right there, is Zoe sugg. She's the most popular and bitchiest girl in the school thankfully you probably won't cross paths with her, she's a year above us. She has a younger brother Joe, in our year who isn't that bad, just avoid him when he's drunk. The ginger girl walking out of that classroom is Lex, she's so nice and super arty, very shy though. The cute girl with the guitar case, is Dodie clark, she's super lovely and musical, practically everyone loves her but she does tend to show off sometimes" I told Calvin about most of the people I knew in the current corridor, "The worst people in this school, is Dan and his minions, stay away from him at all costs, unless you're me because our parents are best friends" I informed him "you poor child" 

I opened my packet of crisps as Calvin sat down on opposite side of the table to me, he started to sip at his redbull before I heard some shouting at the bins. In the distance I saw Phil who was knocked into the trash can causing all the waste to cover him completely "That's what you get for thinking you were actually cool Lester" One of Dan's minions spat at Phil before walking away leaving a teary eyed Phil and everyone laughing at him. "Phil" I cried standing up and running over to him as Calvin followed behind me. I bent down to him and picked off a few pieces of trash off him, Calvin picked up the trash can behind him as I helped Phil up. "Come on Phil lets go" I whispered grabbing his hand and walking out over to the field.